Re: Slow remotes for Quantum TV
RDJim
Contributor - Level 1

Agree Glen.  Things are not so bad now on my main set with the server box.  But my kitched box is so bad I can hardly get recorded shows to play.  Button response is so slow as to be nonexistent.  Once I do get button presses to work and watch the show, I don't even bother to try and delete the show from my little kitchen box.  I'll wait until I'm on the server box in the living room and delete it from there.

0 Likes
dgburns
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Justin wrote:

Generally no. Very unfortunate, I think they could improve the customer experience quite a bit by keeping customers better informed, but for some reason they don't seem to think so.

But they sure can inundate us with emails to buy VOD, etc., can't they? Smiley Very Happy

They COULD push a message over the network to the inbox on our VMS's telling us an update is coming and what is included.  Of course MOST people wouldn't care, or wouldn't even notice the message, but at least those who DO care or are vocal on forums would have less to complain about.  😉

0 Likes
mkoch7615
Enthusiast - Level 1

@glenn12345 wrote:

Why is this post marked as Solved. It's obvious that people are still experiencing problems with there Media servers. 

I am still having issues with:

• lag time
  • programing issues (Season pass priority settings).
  • 15 sec lag time to recored a show from the Guide.
  • They did fix the search for show feature, but it lags also, 
  • 10 sec delay to play a recorded show.
  • When we press the rewind button it shoots back to the beginning of the show or jumps out of the show and goes to channel 1952 (Fios TV Tutorials and Features)
  • Allways loose the last minute of shows. have to change setting to record an extra min to see ending.
  • Non DVR Satalite boxes crach for no reason. Then goes through setup screen takes about 5 min.

Sorry this issue is not Solved!!!!!  The last DVR (Black Motorola (Not sure model number) was fantastic fast never had issues with it.

I am paying $215.00 for aggravation.  

There should not be a charge for beta testing, that seem to be what we are.

Great list. Describes all the problems my systems have been having. These problems are definitely not solved.

0 Likes
atherworld

Mine is getting worse by the day. I've tried several remotes, and all responde the same. SLOW!  Want to move a few hours in the guide? Nope. Not going to happen any time soon. Want to set a show to record? Wait. Also, don't plan on exiting anytime soon.  Want to  set a manual recording? Hope you have a few minutes to spare. It won't even let you change AM to PM.  This wouldn't be so bad,e xcept for the fact that you need a remote to work the VMS.  2 VMS in the house. Both have the same exact problem.  Near as I can tell, since the remotes are the regular FIOS ones, they are incompatible with Quantum.

Worse, since not every cusotmer is experienceing this, Verizon seems to haev regulated it to their Weird bug, but not worth fixing pile.

0 Likes
lldws

We are having the same problems. Not sure how to solve it. It is very frustrating. We have two tvs and both are doing the same thing. And yes the previous boxes we had were fantastic, we did not have any problems at all. I would actually like to go back to them. 

@glenn12345 wrote:

Why is this post marked as Solved. It's obvious that people are still experiencing problems with there Media servers. 

I am still having issues with:

• lag time
  • programing issues (Season pass priority settings).
  • 15 sec lag time to recored a show from the Guide.
  • They did fix the search for show feature, but it lags also, 
  • 10 sec delay to play a recorded show.
  • When we press the rewind button it shoots back to the beginning of the show or jumps out of the show and goes to channel 1952 (Fios TV Tutorials and Features)
  • Allways loose the last minute of shows. have to change setting to record an extra min to see ending.
  • Non DVR Satalite boxes crach for no reason. Then goes through setup screen takes about 5 min.

Sorry this issue is not Solved!!!!!  The last DVR (Black Motorola (Not sure model number) was fantastic fast never had issues with it.

I am paying $215.00 for aggravation.  

There should not be a charge for beta testing, that seem to be what we are.

0 Likes
donut1953
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had most of the problems everybody here is having.  I turned the box off and then unplugged it for a minute or so to do a reset.  After the reset was done I went to settings and preceeded to disable all items that were enabled by default by verizon. The only enabled item I have now is the one remembering the last favorite thing. It has been about a week now and so far I have had none of the problems I had before. Keeping my fingers crossed but thought I would share.

0 Likes
jkirkmd1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not a solved problem.  Same delayed response time on Quantum TV DVR (VMS1100).

0 Likes
wonkeysmoker

I have all of the above issues with Quantum TV. the reason i switched was to record more shows and it does that. but, wow, the interface lag is terrible. Nothing works correctly. TBH i am looking to switch to an alternate provider. $270 a month for this rubbish is a joke.

0 Likes
WOFM1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone know how to undo the "resolved" status? My initial issue was resolved (albeit temporarily) with an update, I should have known better than assuming everything would be fine after that. These issues are definitely NOT resolved, and I have not been able to call back while home (which is typically a minimum of a 30 minute phone call), mostly cause I am certain that will be a waste of time. This is definitely a system issue and not one associated with faulty boxes owned by a few customers that could be fixed over the phone,m or even by replacing them. Too bad all these posts won't initiate some sort of response from Verizon

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

We have removed that for you.

0 Likes