Small playback skips on DVR when resuming play
johnatbmd
Enthusiast - Level 3

This falls into the minor annoyance folder. I just got a HD dvr last week and I've noticed that pretty consistently the dvr will skip a frame or two about 5 seconds after beginning recorded playback or changing channels and then again maybe 10 seconds later. Once those 2 skips finish no more appear until I either resume play from a pause, resume play after fast forwarding, basically resuming play from anything.

Anyone else notice this? 

I have 1.6.0 

0 Likes
Re: Small playback skips on DVR when resuming play
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Verizon is currently in the process of rolling out a fix for that in version 1.6.2
0 Likes
KillerB
Enthusiast - Level 1

Woohoo!  This is EXACTLY the reason why I came to this forum today!  I just got FIOS a couple days ago and noticed this right away.  I get it once, at about 7 sec., then again at about 12 sec.  Happens every time it comes out of pause.  I'm using digital optical audio into a Pioneer 5.1 receiver, but it happens on my Sony TV with analog audio input too.  I noticed that the first dropout corresponds to when the menu overlay drops off the screen.  Can't tie the second one to anything, though.  Software?

0 Likes
KillerB
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hah!  Your reply came up during the time I was testing my system and posting my reply to the original question.

Good to hear.

0 Likes
johnatbmd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Cool about the fix. Weak when I consider my old Tivo never had anything like this quirk ever.

Did Tivo hire all the engineers that knew how to make the perfect DVR?

Sorry, I rant. But how did Tivo just totally "Nail It" and nobody else seems to be able to match?

0 Likes
walpolepete

I have version 1.6.2 but my dvr continues to skip.  This is frustrating.  I never had any problems like this with Direct TV.

Does Verizon have any other suggestions? 

I had chatted with Verizon help a few months ago, they reset my dvr but that did not help, the skipping continues.

Can I talk to someone at Verizon about this?

Thanks,

0 Likes