Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Small playback skips on DVR when resuming play

johnatbmd
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Small playback skips on DVR when resuming play

Message 1 of 6
(5,923 Views)

This falls into the minor annoyance folder. I just got a HD dvr last week and I've noticed that pretty consistently the dvr will skip a frame or two about 5 seconds after beginning recorded playback or changing channels and then again maybe 10 seconds later. Once those 2 skips finish no more appear until I either resume play from a pause, resume play after fast forwarding, basically resuming play from anything.

Anyone else notice this? 

I have 1.6.0 

5 REPLIES 5
matcarl
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: Small playback skips on DVR when resuming play

Message 2 of 6
(5,915 Views)
Verizon is currently in the process of rolling out a fix for that in version 1.6.2
KillerB
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(5,914 Views)

Woohoo!  This is EXACTLY the reason why I came to this forum today!  I just got FIOS a couple days ago and noticed this right away.  I get it once, at about 7 sec., then again at about 12 sec.  Happens every time it comes out of pause.  I'm using digital optical audio into a Pioneer 5.1 receiver, but it happens on my Sony TV with analog audio input too.  I noticed that the first dropout corresponds to when the menu overlay drops off the screen.  Can't tie the second one to anything, though.  Software?

KillerB
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(5,915 Views)

Hah!  Your reply came up during the time I was testing my system and posting my reply to the original question.

Good to hear.

johnatbmd
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(5,894 Views)

Cool about the fix. Weak when I consider my old Tivo never had anything like this quirk ever.

Did Tivo hire all the engineers that knew how to make the perfect DVR?

Sorry, I rant. But how did Tivo just totally "Nail It" and nobody else seems to be able to match?

walpolepete
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(5,468 Views)

I have version 1.6.2 but my dvr continues to skip.  This is frustrating.  I never had any problems like this with Direct TV.

Does Verizon have any other suggestions? 

I had chatted with Verizon help a few months ago, they reset my dvr but that did not help, the skipping continues.

Can I talk to someone at Verizon about this?

Thanks,

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.