So, who has firmware 1.9, permanently?
zich61
Contributor - Level 1

I'm not talking about beta test versions, but the real deal.  This thread will help track the roll-out and should be helpful to those who should have it, based on others who have it in their area, but don't.

For the record, I don't have it yet, but I'll post when I do.

0 Likes
Re: So, who has firmware 1.9, permanently?
matcarl
Master - Level 1

It's still just in beta until March, no one has it permanently

zich61
Contributor - Level 1

I must have missed that announcement.  D you have a link?  Thanks.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

No I don't have a link and will not try to look for it either, just take my word for it.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
zich61
Contributor - Level 1

My, matcart, aren't we touchy, unhelpful and unrealistic?

The way the real world works, friend, is that when you make a statement  of fact, as you did, if you don't back it up with evidence, you're considered  unreliable.  Without evidence to back up your statement it's nothing more than your personal opinion, which is no better than mine or anyone else's.  In other words, you're guessing.  Oh, and no I won't  take your word for it, along with the rest of the reasonable world.  Why should we?

The intent of this thread is to track the roll-out of 1.9 by having people report when they have it, no to proffer "wild @@@ guesses."  I'm sure the community here isn't interested in your guesses either.  That said, if you'd like to report when you get 1.9, we're all ears.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I think if this post is to track the 1.9 roll out, it is a little premature. Verizon will announce the roll out when it starts, believe me. Yes opinion and darn good one. It is a good idea, just a little early. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and at times good things come out of those opinions. I may not like it, you may not like it, but it is their right.

If they do announce it, don't expect a pubic schedule. If there is one released I would be surprised.

matcarl
Master - Level 1

Zich6, I'm one of the people who are following the beta trial. If you don't want to believe me then fine. I gave you the right answer, not a guess. No one has 1.9 but a handful of people in NJ & PA. No one else will see it before March and that is the "right" answer. I don't answer people unless I know 100% the right answer. You could choose not to believe it if you don't like the answer, but I answered your question honestly.

prisaz
Legend

Zich6

Yep I am following it too. So Better March than wrong. This is one big build and it is important that everything be right. So yes I can vouch for matcarl. But like I said if you want to take it as an opinion that is your prerogative. I too can say it is pretty much fact. March or later.

Keyboards
Master - Level 3

As a long time poster (both here and on DSLReports.com) I too can vouch for Matcarl's accuracy in past postings as to happenings on the FiOS network.

Also, I am one of the Beta testers and we have yet to receive a new build with the bugs that have been reported fixed (we have been testing for over a month now and believe me there are some things you wouldn't want happening in the build as it stands) and I would guess that there will need to be another round of fixes after that build comes out.  March sounds like a reasonable time frame if not possibly optimistic.