Re: So, who has firmware 1.9, permanently?
zich61
Contributor - Level 1

Again, the title of the thread is "...who has firmware 1.9..."  If people want to speculate on when it will be out, then they should start another thread with a title like "So, when do you think 1.9 will be released?"   While this thread may be premature, I knew no roll-out schedule will ever be forthcoming from V.  Accordingly, as I said in my original post, reporting when you get it along with a location will assist others with projecting when it will be available for them and let them know of a potential problem if those in their area have it and they don't.  That is the sole purpose of this thread.

Matcart, I very nicely asked you for a link substantiating your assertion.  Your  response of, essentially,  "take what I say as gospel, no I don't have any evidence and no, I'm not going to look for any" was discourteous, but more relevantly, way off-point.  You may end up being correct, but that's irrelevant.  You don't have 1.9.  I didn't ask you your opinion on when you, or anyone else would get it.

If this thread needs to be resurrected at a later date, I'm all for it.   

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

OK - the answer to your thread title is only the beta testers.  No one else has it yet.

zich61
Contributor - Level 1

Fine.

Hopefully, those responding who have 1.9 will  have better manners than matcart.

0 Likes
MercerNick65
Contributor - Level 1

And the beta testers are NOT allowed to comment on it. There is a non-disclosure agreement.  You, like the majority of us, will have to be patient. It will be ready when it is ready and not before. Someone will surely post something when it goes productional.

0 Likes
zich61
Contributor - Level 1

"Someone will surely post something when it goes productional."

That, along with their location, is precisely the intent of this thread.  Since there wasn't at the time of my first post  any  information available associated with final production, it wasn't unreasonable to ask, as I did, if anyone had it.

Nothing I've posted shows impatience.  Although many question the time it has taken V to issue this firmware update, there is no reasonable option other than to wait. 

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

To sum things up, currently firmware version 1.9 is in beta.  At this time it is not known to the general public when 1.9 will be released to the public.

To understand where information is coming from Matcarl is a community leader which means he provides this user community with assistance that is both accurate and informational.  The information he provides is accurate to the best of his knowledge.  The tone of his reply was not one of his better replies but he is providing accurate information based upon his knowledge in the beta program and being a community leader.

Lets all play nice in the sandbox please!!!!!

Jim

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ditto ... supporting matcarl's observations as prisaz and keyboards have said as well.  Many of the CL's have been following the going's on of the beta program with great interest (and some, but not all CL's are in the beta depending on where they might be in the country) and we often talk amongst ourselves sharing what information we know and our historical observations.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@jumpin68ny wrote:

To sum things up, currently firmware version 1.9 is in beta.  At this time it is not known to the general public when 1.9 will be released to the public.

To understand where information is coming from Matcarl is a community leader which means he provides this user community with assistance that is both accurate and informational.  The information he provides is accurate to the best of his knowledge.  The tone of his reply was not one of his better replies but he is providing accurate information based upon his knowledge in the beta program and being a community leader.

Lets all play nice in the sandbox please!!!!!

Jim

Yes. Agree. Sand hurts my eyes.Smiley Sad

0 Likes
umpnator

Asking for a link in and of itself does not indicate skepticism, but perhaps an interest in reading about the plan, if appropriate.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@umpnator wrote:

Asking for a link in and of itself does not indicate skepticism, but perhaps an interest in reading about the plan, if appropriate.

I would say the "plan" is not announced until it is ready. Once 1.9 has finished testing, and is ready, the plan will most likely be to notify each area just prior to implementation. As in the past is is rolled out slowly until it is accepted that all is going well, and then the pace picks up. But with the sneak peak, things may go a little more quickly this time because of the level of testing that is taking place. But we will all have to wait and see. We must all be patient and trust it is better this way. Better to slowly release a finished product, than to slam all markets with something that is not ready.

0 Likes