Re: So, who has firmware 1.9, permanently?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Rx wrote:

I just heard from my Verizon contacts that there has been a typo. Version 9.1 will have all of these nice features, not 1.9. Shouldn't be too long a wait...

Should have psoted a day later for April Fools Smiley Very Happy

prisaz
Legend

Version 4.1.11 firmware gets limited release to special users that have img 1.9 It turns on the extra two tuners in the 7232 that have not been acknowledged to exist.Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Announced DVR features from the 1.9 ad in Verizon Spotlight.
"NEW ENHANCED DVR
Powerful updates will give you thesmartest DVR around.

Record Your Way* Loaded with new ways to manage your recordings.

Additional Storage Record hundreds of hours of programming with new options to expand your DVR’s storage capacity.

Have Two DVRs?* Now when you have multi-room DVR, you can access recordings on either DVR from any Set-Top Box.

Record From Any Room* You can schedule a recording from any Set-Top Box in your house.

Program Chaptering* Creates thumbnails of 10-minute increments for fast visual navigation and scrolling within a recorded program, like a DVD menu.

Get It Back* Lets you “undo” recently deleted programs. No more mistaken deletes!"

See this and other features listed in ad on page 16-17 of »verizonspotlightmagazine.com/2011MarApr.htm

very excited about these!

0 Likes
ejpbowie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, so the magazine says 'grab your remote and get access' but I don't think that's possible yet, right?  There is also a phone number, has anyone called?

0 Likes
senorgregster
Enthusiast - Level 3

These new features look great! Can't wait to get them.

0 Likes
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

Sounds like everyone is asking the same ? I've been asking for months now? As you can see :http://businessforums.verizon.net/t5/General-Residential-Products-and/1-9-Version-Update/td-p/261799

But when will it actually start rolling out?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@BigggFuzzyG wrote:

Sounds like everyone is asking the same ? I've been asking for months now? As you can see :http://businessforums.verizon.net/t5/General-Residential-Products-and/1-9-Version-Update/td-p/261799

But when will it actually start rolling out?

Yes, all of you have! And I don't understand why....

1.9 will start rolling out whenever Verizon decides that they are ready to start rolling it out, and not before. As far as I can see, Verizon has not made any decision yet. So constantly asking accomplishes nothing, except perhaps raise everybody's frustration level. The beta testers have been thoroughly testing, reporting problems, getting new levels of the software, testing again, etc. That will continue until Verizon decides the code is good enough to create a "general availabilty" level of the code, and then they will probably pick a single VHO to deliver it to first. Assuming the results are positive, then they will probably pick another VHO, same process. At some point they will probably decide to do multiple VHOs at a time. And eventually the 1.9 code will be available to everybody. When? I DON'T THINK ANYBODY KNOWS YET!

Really, all of you should just lean back and relax, it will come sometime, hopefully in the next few weeks or months.

Keller, TX 76248

senorgregster
Enthusiast - Level 3

Indeed, best release a good well tested version than a buggy one.

0 Likes
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the link to the mag, Hubrisnxs.

So, paranoid me wonders, when they say Multiple DVR, access any DVR from any Set Top Box, do you think that includes all the other DVRs?

0 Likes
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

See here's the problem with that. The 1.9 update was all set up by the 1.8. The Beta testers have been testing for months and the announcement for this upgrade was made last summer. This update was suppossed to take place in the 4th Quarter of last year.  The 1st quarter of this year has already ready passed us. So the wait is over. It's time to push it out.  If there's any bugs left they should be minor. And I'm sure like on PS3 they can do many small updates to fix the minor bugs. Besides, Why print the 1.9 update in the Verizon Spotlight if it's not going to drop before may in the March and April issue? 

0 Likes