Re: So, who has firmware 1.9, permanently?
thegeorgeguy

i am glad to report my VOD is now working again and letting me resume!  i love the new 7232 as well but cannot wait for the new GUIDE in 1.9 as it looks great.  very excited (and yes anxious and impatient to get it) but i am with you.  take it working later rather than buggy on time as it sucks having to call those jokers on the phone.  been over 20 days and they still can't get my phone # ported over.  but I love the quality of their products thusfar.  blazing fast and steady internet, awesome sound and video, phone is what it is.  may not be perfect but better in many regards than from where i came.  just not the guide but that will change soon,  here's to getting it by June 24 (as that is my prediction for when TX-VHO1 goes live.  I too am in keller but was in a zone that took a long time to get legal issues settled so i have waited for this for 5 years.  figure i can wait a few more months but i just joined this party in the midst of the delays so i can understand the frustration (mine is lessened as a new cust with the 500G HD)

0 Likes
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

*   <---   grain of salt

I just had FiOS TV installed this evening. My installer told me IMG 1.9 was hitting my area (Plano, TX) in the next couple of days. I thought it was strange he would bring it up. When the 7232's activated, he said this guide stinks, but will be better in the next few days when the new guide starts rolling out.

We'll see

0 Likes
SpaceBar1
Enthusiast - Level 1

FiOS has begun showing tutorials with IMG 1.9 instructions and footage on channel 1952, meaning its release must be imminent. I think it'll be released within the month.

drooplug
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been seeing promos for 1.9 peppered into commercial breaks for at least 1-2 weeks.  I would think they wouldn't run those until it was ready to go and being implemented.

prisaz
Legend

We will probably see those 1.9 blurbs until just before Christmas, about when the current 1.8 img was released. Ok I will be optimistic. Perhaps mid to late summer or early fall.Smiley Tongue

It is what it is, and gets here when it gets here. Fasten your safety belts. Before the ride begins.

If you don't share my since of humour, than to bad.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@SpaceBar wrote:

FiOS has begun showing tutorials with IMG 1.9 instructions and footage on channel 1952, meaning its release must be imminent. I think it'll be released within the month.

Very good optimistic post. I wonder if that is showing in all VHOs. I will need to look at my DVR and see. Sorry I have been around too long. Thank you for the uplifting and positive post. You get my kudos too.

0 Likes
alden
Contributor - Level 1

Within a month???!!!

Sorry, but you are very optimistic on Verizon!!!

This company is VERY, VERY S L O W.... on everything it does.

In my view, optimistic term  for firmware 1.9 is late fall of 2011, pessimistic one - spring of 2012.

0 Likes
MercerNick65
Contributor - Level 1

The rollout began last night ... Someone from VHO15a should be commenting soon...

0 Likes
Cuseguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do, I do...Woke up this morning to upgraded STB's on IMG 1.9! Wow....did not expect us to be so early. VHO15A - Syracuse NY

So far, love it. The guides are a huge improvement, haven't had time to play with DVR features yet. Now, I want to add a compatible esata drive, but can't find a list of qualified units yet. I assume the WD My Book/My DVR would be on the list, but want to see it in writing. I am now flirting with adding another DVR, if it will now network as advertised.

0 Likes
I lucked out....VHO 15A! IMG1.9 rolled out last night!
Cuseguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, we are usually fairly late in the rollout order, but jackpot this time! I will try to answer 1.9 questions as people ask them. It might take me some time to get back to you today, but I will tell you what I can about 1.9 feature questions.

0 Likes