Re: I lucked out....VHO 15A! IMG1.9 rolled out last night!
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Cuseguy wrote:

Wow, we are usually fairly late in the rollout order, but jackpot this time! I will try to answer 1.9 questions as people ask them. It might take me some time to get back to you today, but I will tell you what I can about 1.9 feature questions.

Since the roll-out has begun I am assuming my NDA for the beta with Verizon is no longer applicable and will try to also monitor any questions for those just getting the 1,9 update.  Please keep feedback (positive and negative) coming as those who have been in the beta test and lurking can still report issues to the development team (probably should post questions / issue in THIS THREAD ).

As for the drives, I have been using the 1 TB WD MyBook Avr expander since December and it is working fine (although I am not a Verizon employee and I don't speak for them officially).  There are rumors that the 2 TB version might work, but the only confirmation I've had for certain is that 1 TB is the limit.  Also keep in mind that the external drive's recordings will be married to the DVR on which they were created.  You can't plug it into your PC and transfer (the video is encoded) and you can't switch it to another DVR (would have to re-format for new DVR).

Re: I lucked out....VHO 15A! IMG1.9 rolled out last night!
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

Wonderful news! I'm in VHO1, so I guess we are counting down from 15a..?.. oh, well.. how long can it take ??

The big question on my mind is, for those with multiple DVRs, can you watch programs recorded on any DVR on any other DVR???

Re: So, who has firmware 1.9, permanently?
zich61
Contributor - Level 1

As the OP I congratulate you for being the first person to report, at least in this thread, having 1.9 permanently
(non-beta).

0 Likes
cchristian
Enthusiast - Level 3

How can I tell when it's permanent?  I have IMG 1.9 build 10.90 on both dvrs, one of which I just installed on Monday.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@chipchristian wrote:

How can I tell when it's permanent?  I have IMG 1.9 build 10.90 on both dvrs, one of which I just installed on Monday.

If you have it - it is "permanent" (unless Verizon runs into a mjor issue and does a recall).  This thread really should have been titled "Who besides beta testers have 1.9?"  Also, this thread should probably be abandoned and new posts placed in the  ROLL-OUT HAS BEGUN thread for questions other than when will I get it (which no one can answer for sure).

zich61
Contributor - Level 1

Ah, no shortage of nitpickers here I see. I think it was clear beta testers wouldn't respond at all since they wouldn't know when 1.9 went final. That has been proven this week. That only leaves non-beta testers. Your suggestion would have worked too.

As to your thread cancellation suggestion, I would venture that most people on this forum use their guide near daily and would be positioned to report quite accurately.  Remember, this thread is not about 1.9 questions and solutions, but tracking who gets 1.9 where and when.  Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the thread purpose.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@zich6 wrote:

Ah, no shortage of nitpickers here I see. I think it was clear beta testers wouldn't respond at all since they wouldn't know when 1.9 went final. That has been proven this week. That only leaves non-beta testers. Your suggestion would have worked too.

As to your thread cancellation suggestion, I would venture that most people on this forum use their guide near daily and would be positioned to report quite accurately.  Remember, this thread is not about 1.9 questions and solutions, but tracking who gets 1.9 where and when.  Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the thread purpose.

The reason for suggesting the retirment and switchng to the referenced thread is that this one has reached over 7 pages in length and 99% of that is before the first posting that 1.9 has been found in "the wild".  I am fully aware of the "purpose" of this thread and the one I referenced in my earlier post can now serve as an easier to scan source for various VHO roll-outs (check the LINK).

Call it nitpicking or whatever you like, but I am entitled to my opinion on a thread as are you.

mcgowman
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
zich61
Contributor - Level 1

Do you really think that your suggested link won't grow much larger than this one due to questions and issues?  Worse, those who follow this thread to get information about what locations are getting 1.9, so that they can project when they'll get it and know they have an issue if they don't, will have to wade through countless posts by people who have it and have an issue or question that is superfluous to the sole purpose of this thread.  Under your suggestion, the problem would likely get worse with every post.  With this thread it would quickly become evident that on 4/15, people started reporting they have 1.9.  That is, of course, unless you keep arguing your point.  Frankly, if you did understand the purpose of this thread, your posts don't reflect it and are counter productive to it's purpose and assisting others.

Again, while there were extraneous discussions before, as of today, this thread should be resigned to those who have 1.9 and their location.  Beta testers know enough not to respond.

So, thanks to those who have reported.  Please keep the reports coming. 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I recommend this thread be locked, it is mostly useless out-of-date into, and there is a new thread started today specifically about 1.9 now that it is available in a few VHOs.

Keller, TX 76248