Some HD channels, no sound
johnmalay

Just ordered HD. New box. Some of the HD channels have normal sound, others no sound. We have HBO, Sho, Starz, TMC package. Some are affected, others not. E.g. 903, 904 on HBO, various on Sho, etc. All non-HD channels have sound.

Have re-set the set-top box, checked the audio settings, no change.

Defective box?

0 Likes
Re: Some HD channels, no sound
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

No if it was a defective box, it would be happening on all channels. Please go to the MENU, then SETTINGS, then LANGUAGE, then AUDIO LANGUAGE. Please make sure this is set to ENGLISH PREFERRED. If it is not, many channels will have no audio, and some with have a Spanish audio track. Is the audio working on the other channels fine?

0 Likes
jennik1

same problem - no audio on some HD channels.  Selected ENGLISH PREFERRED, but no change.

One other HD box in my house and it receives audio on all channels.

0 Likes
jennik1

I found the fix under a different post:   "HDMI Audio Drop Out"

Power+menu+select (L-PCM)

0 Likes
EvilLadyLynn666

We have 2 DVR boxes, and one has been replaced already....At certain times when taping on HD channels, the show plays fine, but with no sound on the show or comercials, the weird part now is we can hear sound effects on the show or commercial, but not the talking. I called Verizion and was told they were not aware of this issue, but after seeing all these complaints, I now know that was a lie....As much money as we are paying for the bundles and all of it's perks, I would like to not have any issues with it....what in the world is going on. I have seen posts about the HDMI drop fix, but am unsure of how to do this.....HELPPPPPPP

0 Likes