Some features missing.
kmz3512
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently had fios installed, being in the WNY areas and received a Cisco STB.  Since the installation there have been some features that have not worked.  I have a limited number of widgets and am unable to add more.  I have tried to add widgets through the online interface, but they do not show up on the box.  Also, when I try to go to Menu/Marketplace  or Menu/Games I get the error message [VOD_206].  I have looked at the IMG version and have noticed it wa set to 1.6.2.  Is this the same software as the IMG versions for other boxes.  Are these features supposed to work with these boxes?  I was told by the saled rep that all these features would be available.

0 Likes
Re: Some features missing.
Adrienne_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, Sorry to hear that you are having this issue, by providing the following basic information, we will be able to help address your issue more quickly.  Please fill out the secure form I have sent you via Private Message and PM me back once that is complete and I will look into your issue.  Thank You for your time.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

The Cisco STB's are running older software, and won't have a lot of the widgets that the motorola boxes have.   Remote DVR will be very difficult, caller ID on TV, youtube etc.....

you really need motorola boxes if you want to take advantage of the those widgets and features, unless you can wait for Verizon to ugrade the firmware on the cisco's       

0 Likes
crazythunder
Enthusiast - Level 2

hi. i just had fios tv/internet installed yesterday in the buffalo new york area.. love it so far. my only issue is that my 2 hd stb are assigned to the wrong rooms. and i cannot access either one of them from online. the dvr is fine .they are all new cisco boxes. and i can access favorites etc. from online on the dvr. when i ran  the troubleshooter for living room, it reset the bedroom box and vice versa.  . and i cannot change the name or reassign the area they are located. and it won't add widgets from online to either hd stb.  i read above this might be a firmware issue? also, when i go to dvr in settings on my hd stb, i get the "dvr encountered a problem bla bla bla" the img is 1.62 build 1.23. i only have 2 days of guide data???

is it worth it to go through the trouble of requesting motorola boxes? should i even bother? will they even do that? thank you in advance for any help provided. other than these issues, i'm not missing time warner one bit.

0 Likes
kmz3512
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am under the impression that all those broken links and lack of features are due to the older firmware.

I have been told in another thread that when the IMG 1.9 comes out, that all boxes including the ciscos will receive that update.

The thing to consider is when that will happen, and in fact if the cisco's will in fact receive the same update.

There have been a ton of rumors as to when that update will occur so I to am in the same predicament.

Should I ask for other boxes, or continue with missing feature hoping it wont be years before the update.

0 Likes