Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Some programs stop playing after a few minutes

toranox
Contributor
Contributor

Some programs stop playing after a few minutes

Message 1 of 3
(483 Views)

Hi. I've noticed something pretty frustrating over the past month (only have had FIOS for a few months). Random programs don't play beyond a few minutes. I thought it was a MR DVR issue, but it even happened on a few shows recorded on the same box I was playing it on.

I tried to reboot the entire system, so unplugged all DVRs and router - plugged back in after a minute. Same thing still.

This really hit home tonight when I tried watching the most recent episode of The Walking Dead - of course that one won't play beyond 5 minutes. Robot Frustrated

What do I do?

2 REPLIES 2
dave_langer
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Some programs stop playing after a few minutes

Message 2 of 3
(465 Views)

I get this too. I also get the thing where you go to click play and it just goes back to live TV.

I hope I dont regret coming over from comast because I never had picture or DVR issues with them.

Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Some programs stop playing after a few minutes

Message 3 of 3
(452 Views)

Sorry to hear about the troubles you guys are having with the DVR. There could be two explanations for this. Either the error is within the box or the feed being sent for that channel. To address this if it's a problem with the DVR functioning, please press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION. Let me know if you need further assistance after doing that.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.