Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Son pressed tv remote causing large black rectangle

Contributor
Contributor

Son pressed tv remote causing large black rectangle

Message 1 of 4
(4,900 Views)

Apparently while lounging on the couch, my son pressed some combination of buttons on a Phillips TV remote, causing a large black rectangle to appear on our Fios screen.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what magic combination of buttons we can press to get our full picture back?  My husband is trying to figure it out by himself and I fear for his sanity -- and our 12 year olds' life. 😉 

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Son pressed tv remote causing large black rectangle

Message 2 of 4
(4,886 Views)

Sounds like the closed captioning feature. Try to set it to off, it's in the FIOS box's menus somewhere.

Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(4,857 Views)
Thanks.  Of course the big black box cover all the menu text, but well keep checking.
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 4 of 4
(4,774 Views)
Press the star key on the remote should take care of that if its not that then go ahead and check the TV remote as well...You stated TV remote were you talking about the fios remote or the actual TV remote check both
Message Edited by Techman28 on 01-19-2009 08:49 AM
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.