Sony 4K Projector Won't Work with FIOS TV One box

Sony 4K Projector Won't Work with FIOS TV One box

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor Philly215
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(614 Views)

Sony VPL 295es native 4K projector won't work with new FIOS TV one box.  I connected the box directly to the projector and cannot get a picture to display. 

3 REPLIES 3
Silver Contributor III Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(577 Views)

Is the box setup to display 4K out? How long is HDMI cable to projector? Is projector setup to accept any input resolution? Have you checked output of box with another TV to make sure it's working?

Contributor CM2
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(563 Views)

I use a firewire adapter coming out of my phone going to a projector.  Always worked fine but now I am getting 

CONTENT RESTRICTIONS

Capturing a video stream is not permitted.  To resume streaming, disable video capture.   

I think they block the signal from streaming out so you cant record the content on an external device.   I tunes does this even if you buy a movie, it can't be played on a projector.  I think they are doing the same thing.  

Contributor Philly215
Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(531 Views)

I checked all of the things you suggested, but for some reason, the signal from the set top box will not display.  However, when I route the TV One box signal through my 4k compatible receiver...voilà!!   IT'S ALIVE!!!  For some reason, the projector prefers the signal from the receiver.

Thanks for helping me solve this mystery.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.