Re: Sony 4K Projector Won't Work with FIOS TV One box
MikeK8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Clem.  Yes the optical cable is definitely HDCP 2.2 compatible.  I also had tried moving the FIOS box next to the projector on a ladder and using a different shorter HDMI cable to connect to the projector (one that I have on a different 4K flat panel tv that works fine with the FIOS box).  no luck.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@MikeK8 wrote:

Hi Clem.  Yes the optical cable is definitely HDCP 2.2 compatible.  I also had tried moving the FIOS box next to the projector on a ladder and using a different shorter HDMI cable to connect to the projector (one that I have on a different 4K flat panel tv that works fine with the FIOS box).  no luck.

Dont remember but did you ever try changing the resolution on the fios box to 1080i? If so did that connect with the projector?

0 Likes
MikeK8
Enthusiast - Level 2

yep, tried that as well as with one of the EDID boxes that had a number of manual settings.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@MikeK8 wrote:

yep, tried that as well as with one of the EDID boxes that had a number of manual settings.

Can you try setting the Fios box to 1080i in the service menu and see what happens?

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@MikeK8 wrote:

Sent this to support, they gave me this for you to try:

Another suggestion would be to physically remove CEC with an eliminating device.  There is a small HDMI male – female plug device that has the CEC pin physically not connected internally – normally called something like Lindy HDMI CEC Less Adaptor, example : https://www.opentip.com/product.php?products_id=7181501

I’d put it on the HDMI port on the back of the 4100, plug the HDMI going to the projector into that; see what they get.

Worth a shot! Let me know if you try it and if it works.

0 Likes
MikeK8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Clem, I'll check this one out.  When I looked at these types of adapters a few months ago they had HDCP problems.  maybe this one will work, I'll let you know after I try it.

0 Likes