Switch Account

Sony Bravia HDMI Handshake Problem with QIP-7100-1 STB

Sony Bravia HDMI Handshake Problem with QIP-7100-1 STB

Highlighted
Contributor slimjim
Contributor
Message 1 of 1
(3,689 Views)
I upgraded my bedroom TV to a Sony Bravia KDL-26M4000 and my STB to a QIP-7100-1. It had what I believe is the HDMI handshake problem where it kept loosing the signal and tried to reconnect consistently. Went to my local Verizon store and exchanged my QIP-7100-1 for another new one, and still had the problem. This morning I took a QIP-6200-2 from my living room TV and tried it with the Sony Bravia, It worked without any problems. I then installed the QIP-7100-1 on my Mitsubishi DLP set in my living room, and it worked without any problems. There is definitely a compatibility problem between some HD STB's using HDMI and some TV brands. I was very fortunate that my other HDTV had a different STB installed, or I would've been stuck using component video in my bedroom. Hopefully Verizon and the Cable companies will put pressure on the STB & TV makers to resolve this issue.  
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.