Sony Bravia Theatre Sync (HDMI-CEC) fighting with FiOS DVR
StuffOfInterest
Enthusiast - Level 3
I have a theater system with all Sony components.
  • KDL-46XBR9 TV
  • STR-DG1200 receiver
  • BDP-S360 Blu-ray

Sony’s Bravia Theatre Sync (control over HDMI or 'HDMI-CEC' in some quarters) is enabled on all three components and worked wonderfully. If I hit the power switch on the Blu-ray player, the TV and receiver would both turn on and the receiver would change input to the Blu-ray. If it hit the “favorites” button from the TV and selected an Internet video source the receiver changes its audio input to the TV optical cable. If I hit the power button for the TV, everything else switches off. Beautiful and simple!

Last week FiOS was installed at my home. With FiOS I received a Motorola QIP7216 HD DVR (running software 1.6.2), which I hooked up to the receiver via HDMI. Since adding the DVR the HDMI control has been completely broken. Sometimes a function will work, but most of the time the components are not talking to each other at all. When I go into the HDMI control area on the TV and tell it to identify other control capable components it doesn’t see anything. It appears the DVR is interfering with control signaling between any other components.

Has anyone else seen something like this with the FiOS DVR? I know I could get around this by connecting the DVR via component and optical audio, but I really hate to take the step back from HDMI.  I've seen some mention of software version 1.6.2 having issues with HDMI control and that version 1.7 may help.  Has anyone who has received version 1.7 had any experience with a scenario like this?

0 Likes
Re: Sony Bravia Theatre Sync (HDMI-CEC) fighting with FiOS DVR
VZ_Javier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please use a component cable.  With either RCA or optical for audio.  That is the quickest fix.  For current HDMI issues. 
1.7 upgrade has been known to fix most of the HDMI issues.  Verizon is working diligently to roll out img 1.7.

0 Likes