Sound Bar volume decreases with any press on cable remote

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 1 of 2
(201 Views)

I have a Vizio TV and Vizio sound bar, and we've had this current set up with out STB for probably close to 4 years. Today I noticed that when I was browsing the channel guid the volume on the sound bar kept decreasing. In fact every single button press on the cable remote takes the sounder volume down a peg. I've scoured the internet and can't find anything about this. I've unplugged the STB, and the sound bar and nothing has changed. 

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Re: Sound Bar volume decreases with any press on cable remote

Message 2 of 2
(136 Views)

If this is with the new voice remote try going into the voice remote settings, restore factory settings for remote, then manually add your TV and sound bar back in. Go to Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup

1. Select your TV or Receiver or Soundbar Brand and Model and follow the steps,
  2. You will see a “Success” message in the top right of the TV screen when the setup is complete.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.