Sound and Voice Sync problem
GodwinTurk
Enthusiast - Level 1
I recently hooked up an LG 37 HDTV to a multi room HD dvr (6416-2) with a HDMI cable. The sound was extremely low and the voice was completely out of sync. When I switched to component cables everything worked fine. Has anyone else come across this problem?
0 Likes
Re: Sound and Voice Sync problem
Justin46
Legend

Yep. Have had the sync problem for years. Since I watch a lot of sports, where you can't see the speaker's mouth most of the time, it doesn't really bother me, I guess I have just gotten used to it. And it seems to be variable, some channels are really bad, some are almost perfect, even the same channel seems to vary from time to time. I keep hoping the next update of the DVR software will fix the problem (so far it hasn't, but maybe sometime it will....). Of course, sometimes the sync problem is in the source material from a channel, but that problem would not be fixed by changing to component cables.   

I have never experienced the low sound problem you mention. I have always basically had the volume level in the DVR set to the max, and have the remote control the sound on the TV - have you played around with that at all? Also, I seem to remember going in to the settings of the DVR and playing with some sound setting and getting some improvement:

1) Turn TV and DVR on.

2) Turn off DVR.

3 Fairly quickly hit the Select button and then Menu button on the DVR to display the User Settings menu.

4) Go down to Addtional HDMI Settings and select that.

5) Go down to Audio Output and try an option.

6) Power off DVR.

7) Power on DVR.

Check on the sound to see if it is any better. If not, try another setting and leave it on the one you like best. 

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

0 Likes
Re: Sound and Voice Sync problem
GodwinTurk
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thanks. I will try that. I will probably just leave the component cables hooked up since the voice sync drives me crazy.
0 Likes