Sound keeps cutting out
nmcdade

The sound keeps cutting out when we are watching our tv that is hooked up to the Fios QIP71002 box.  You have to change the channel in order to get the sound back.  Sometimes you have to change the channel more than once to get it back.   This happens several times a day and has been getting more and more frequent.  I contacted the manufacturer of our television (Vizio) and they said to contact Verizon to find out how to change the audio output to PCM or L-PCM.  They stated that this would be in some hidden menu .  Can anyone tell me how to get to this menu?  This is driving me crazy.

0 Likes
Re: Sound keeps cutting out
rk_herndon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am facing the similar issue with my home theater setup. Happens mostly with HD channels (but thats what I watch) and after googling the issue the change to PCM or L-PCM was one of the suggested solutions. The other solution was to turn the repeater flag on in the PVR. Don't know how to do any of these as there is no option like that in the PVR.

PVR: actiontec MOCA

reciever: Denon 1913

Any help will be highly appreciated.

thanks

--rk

0 Likes
Re: Sound keeps cutting out
nmcdade

Received a solution from a Verizon installer.  Switch from HDMI cables to component cables.  Problem is now solved.

0 Likes