Spanish captioning
pskruger

I would like to turn on Spanish closed captioning on all channels that may offer it through Verizon. I can turn on captioning but it only comes in the same language as the audio feed for the channel being viewed (English captioning on most channels and Spanish on Spanish language channels). Of the six closed captioning channels available in the accessibility settings, only cc1 seems to be active. Changing my audio and img settings in language settings doesn't seem to affect closed captioning.

So, how do I view Spanish closed captioning while listening in English?

0 Likes
Re: Spanish captioning
PJL
Master - Level 3

@pskruger wrote:

I would like to turn on Spanish closed captioning on all channels that may offer it through Verizon. I can turn on captioning but it only comes in the same language as the audio feed for the channel being viewed (English captioning on most channels and Spanish on Spanish language channels). Of the six closed captioning channels available in the accessibility settings, only cc1 seems to be active. Changing my audio and img settings in language settings doesn't seem to affect closed captioning.

So, how do I view Spanish closed captioning while listening in English?

Spanish closed captioning does not seem to be provided very often -- it is a service provided by the programming provider not FiOS (FiOS just passes through what it gets from the provider).  I have been able to get it on some HBO broadcasts (it's usually the second of the CC options available).  It is useful if you're trying to learn Spanish.  I've also watched the HBO Spanish feed with English closed captions -- that is useful to me too.

0 Likes