Speed Channel & Pixelation
torpeau

After a couple years of getting pixelation & accompanying sound problems every minute or two while watching 83, how can that be fixed.  It ruins watching anything on Speed. Haven't noticed on any other channel.

Checked with a friend on BrightHouse and he has no problem.

Never tried calling Verizon about this because of their customer service -- or lack there of.

0 Likes
Re: Speed Channel & Pixelation
vz_ric
Contributor - Level 1

Sounds like a signal issue. I recommend unplugging the set top box from power, then disconnect as many or the wires going to the FiOS set top box as well as from the set top box to the TV. Leave everything disconnected for about a minute, then replace the wiring, making sure everything is properly secured and connected. Restore the power last. Give the set top box about 5 minutes to reboot, then check the channel. If the trouble clears then it was most likely loose wiring or slight defect in the connection. If it continues, the the defect has to be somewhere else, before the signal reaches the set top box. Perhaps a coax connection to a wall jack or splitter. If that's the case then you would need a tech to fix it. Just follow the steps above to save time should you have to call in to tech support.  

0 Likes
brifaulkner

I have this problem on many channels, like USA HD,  TBS HD, FX HD, LIFETIME HD... not so much on the standard channels, just the HD one's, from what I have read some houses just have a bad splitter some where in the attic that needs replaced. I know all my connections are fine, I have unplugged and replugged and unplugged and replugged and even got a new set top box after I called customer service and they did a remote reboot and it fried literally overheated the DVR hard disk. I dunno if I really want to ask for any more help with this, my fiancée and I can't stand it either though.

0 Likes
vz_ric
Contributor - Level 1

It sounds like a lot has been tried so far. If it's ONLY HD channels, I would only add, do you have more than 1 HD set top box and is it the exact same trouble at both? If it's only 1 HD box, are you connected with HDMI cable? Faulty HDMI cabling can cause the issue, you could try replacing the HDMI cable with another HDMI or Component Cable as they have less technical issues then HDMI. Having tried that, as with anything, be it TV or toasters, start your troubleshooting at the source and work your way out. If you've changed and reseated cables, reset and replaced set top boxes, cables and splitters, and you are still having the exact same trouble. Even if you don't know what the trouble is, you've eliminated the possibility that something inside is causing it, otherwise the steps taken would have had some affect (better or worse). No affect, would mean it's further out, perhaps at the Network Terminal or other.

0 Likes
torpeau

Pixelation only occurs on the Speed Channel. The screen pixelates, goes black and the sound quits -- over several seconds.  Not HD -- only on this one channel and happens every minute or two or three. 

0 Likes
jimmyo3

Your problem is caused by signal lose on your coax cable. Bad cable, Bad connecter, Bad Splitter anyone is possible. You most likely will need a tech to come out and trouble shoot and fix your cable issue.

0 Likes