Switch Account

Splitting a FIOS tv signal

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Splitting a FIOS tv signal

Message 1 of 2
(1,190 Views)

I read a few old posts from 2009 about splitting my tv signal.  Verizon installed a new connection for me a year ago.  I wasn't happy with how the installer did the new cable.  Since then I had to repair the plaster wall and put in an electrical box for the wiring which wasn't done orginally by the installer.  I want to split this wire to make a new tv connection in the room on the other side of the wall.

From what I read I need a splitter that ranges from 5-1000 Mhz and is bi directional like a  PDI Mega Splitter which I hear is what Verizon uses.  Is there anything else I need to know other than using RG6 coax comming off of the splitter?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Re: Splitting a FIOS tv signal

Message 2 of 2
(1,169 Views)

That should work.  Splitters always induce a slight signal loss.  But if everything is fine now, adding one splitter shouldn't cause a problem.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.