Switch Account

Sports Package Included or Not in FiOS TV Extreme HD

Sports Package Included or Not in FiOS TV Extreme HD

Highlighted
Contributor Jumpset
Contributor
Message 1 of 37
(19,786 Views)

Does anyone know if the Sports package is included or not in the the FiOS TV Extreme HD plan?  When I signed up a few months ago I was told the tennis channel was included along with the Sports package in Extreme HD, but it was not after the installation.  I've contacted Verizon and I've received different responses.  Yes, No, it's coming soon...   I had to add it as an extra package for which I have received credit, but that's about to expire.

The channel lineup on the Verizon website lists the Sports channels as part of the Extreme HD package for central NJ in Plainsboro 08536 so this is confusing...

36 REPLIES 36
Employee Employee
Employee
Message 2 of 37
(19,752 Views)
Sports package is included with ExtremeHD.  There was a channel mapping issue in a part of NJ...I can get this fixed for you if you can send me a private message with some information; name, address, billing telephone number.
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 3 of 37
(19,723 Views)
At the moment, the Sports Package is not included in Extreme if you live in the NYC area, and northern NJ
Contributor Jumpset
Contributor
Message 4 of 37
(19,511 Views)

That is true.  But Plainsboro is Central NJ though...

Copper Contributor hzmt22193
Copper Contributor
Message 5 of 37
(19,464 Views)
Yes, for the Northern Virginia metro area.
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 6 of 37
(19,345 Views)
Yeah, what's up with that?  Why do we have to pay extra in Northern NJ and NYC?  Isn't the Extreme HD price the same in Northern and Central NJ?
Contributor JackB67
Contributor
Message 7 of 37
(19,251 Views)
I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Fios tech support to find out that there are some mysterious HD sports packages that are either not advertised or not available in my area (North Jersey). For example I have the MLB Network channel on my digital tier but it's not available to me on my HD service. What the heck is the HD Sports package and why isn't it either available or advertised? I was told it would be an additional $7.99 a month, but the agent was not able to tell me exactly (other than MLB) what is available for that extra $$$. Can ANYONE at Verizon provide a coherent answer? thanks. jb
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 8 of 37
(19,249 Views)
The Sports Package consists of SD & HD channels for $7.99 a month. It includes CBS College Sports, NHL Network, plus all the channels between 300-319 and their HD counterparts. You should be getting MLB Network in HD without this sports package in your area. Ask for a STB Reload from customer service and see if that brings in MLB.
Contributor JackB67
Contributor
Message 9 of 37
(19,250 Views)
That's one of the weird things ... I have NHL Network in HD, not the Fox Sports Channels though. I'll ask for the reload. thanks. jb
Contributor JackB67
Contributor
Message 10 of 37
(19,243 Views)
Oh, and customer service did reboot the box, after I disconnected from power. Same thing.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.