Re: Sports Package Included or Not in FiOS TV Extreme HD
nuttyirishman
Enthusiast - Level 2

At installation, the tech spoke to someone on the phone who told him it WAS part MY Extreme HD package, thus not an extra charge. When the salesman checked, he was told the same thing.      So I should NOT be paying extra.    Bob

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
It does look like you should get it from where you are located. Give him the zip code too so he can verify.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
It is my understanding that when NY was added to the FIOS network, and the franchise was granted, NY had a lower pricing for HD Extreme and Sports was not included. So if your are in NewJersey, and coming out of the NY VHO, then no it is not included. South Jersey has a different VHO?? When my VHO4 in Maryland was upgraded to HD Extreme, it included sports but was also more expensive then NY. Which upset me because I had to switch from Premier to Extreme for the added HD channels. Verizon was fair and charged me $5 more instead of $10. So if you come out of the NY VHO then you must pay for sports.
Message Edited by prisaz on 05-17-2009 04:45 PM
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
True, it did start that way, where NY was $10 less for Extreme than other places, but now the price is the same.
0 Likes
Greg26001
Contributor - Level 2

@matcarl wrote:
True, it did start that way, where NY was $10 less for Extreme than other places, but now the price is the same.

Yes, hence my jipped feeling.  Given that FIOS sports fans in this area are already giving up MSG HD to switch over, we should get the same deal as everyone else.

0 Likes
abosch999

These are the kinds of issues that had people looking for alteratives to cable.  The way things are going with FIOS, these issues may have us looking right back in that direction.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@matcarl wrote:
Then I am with them. They should get the sports as part of the package if they pay the same, and everyone else gets it.
0 Likes