Starting up. One moment please
Flywolf1
Upgraded stb to hd. Just received and installed. Says "starting up. One moment please" for more than two hours. I am pretty good at setting up. I am pretty sure all the cables are connected right. Googled searched, read all articles. Didn't help. Tried everything i could do. Replaced the cable i received today, cable is connected to fios tv in, tried to reboot, internet is working fine, main box battery is fine, standard worked ok, tv is samsung hd tv and it works fine with everything else. Please help
0 Likes
Re: Starting up. One moment please
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@Flywolf wrote:
Upgraded stb to hd. Just received and installed. Says "starting up. One moment please" for more than two hours. I am pretty good at setting up. I am pretty sure all the cables are connected right. Googled searched, read all articles. Didn't help. Tried everything i could do. Replaced the cable i received today, cable is connected to fios tv in, tried to reboot, internet is working fine, main box battery is fine, standard worked ok, tv is samsung hd tv and it works fine with everything else. Please help

Hello,

Try rechecking the cables that you have connected (do you have high-definition cable(s) that connect from the STB to the TV?).

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/tv/fiostv/general+support/account+issues/questionsone/1...

As per the diagram from page 3 of the self-install guide:

Self-activation should occur if you follow these 1-2-3 steps in their specific order:

1) Coax cable from the wall goes to RF IN or FiOS TV IN port at the back of the set top box.

2) Component cables (5-part color-coordinated cables) OR HDMI cable goes from the back of the STB to the Audio/Video IN (for component) OR HDMI port (for HDMI) at the back of the TV.

3) Power cable to wall outlet or power strip.

As states on page 8 of the self-install guide:

If the STB did not activate automatically, follow the manual activation steps and use the activation code provided to you on the receipt.

Manual activation can be done online via verizon.com/fiostv/selfinstall

or by calling 1-888-897-7499.

Recheck the input/source you are using on the TV.

If you still have issues with activating the STB, try contacting Verizon Technical Support either via:

livechat at verizon.com/contactus

or by calling 1-888-553-1555.

0 Likes