Stations missing on Verizon FIOS App for iPad
Caroliso

The app is working but I only see about 30 stations listed, starting with "100"  (The first channel on my TV is "2".)  These are not favorites or even channels that I regularly watch.  Well, maybe 5 of the 30 are.   I called customer support and she had to flip through the manual and still couldn't answer, had never seen the app.  She wondered if maybe the 'provider" (meaning Apple) restricted the number and type of channels I could get.  That makes no sense.

Any thoughts on this?  The device that comes up on the App is the correct one (one of several set-top boxes I have).

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Stations missing on Verizon FIOS App for iPad
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@Caroliso wrote:

The app is working but I only see about 30 stations listed, starting with "100"  (The first channel on my TV is "2".)  These are not favorites or even channels that I regularly watch.  Well, maybe 5 of the 30 are.   I called customer support and she had to flip through the manual and still couldn't answer, had never seen the app.  She wondered if maybe the 'provider" (meaning Apple) restricted the number and type of channels I could get.  That makes no sense.

Any thoughts on this?  The device that comes up on the App is the correct one (one of several set-top boxes I have).

Thanks.

Hello,

At this time, one can stream about 75 live TV channels  from the iPad, Xbox 360, LG Smart TV, and Samsung Smart TV.

From the iPad, this is through the 'FiOS Mobile' app from the App store.

For a list of channels available for Live TV on the aforementioned devices, you can go to either:

http://www22.verizon.com/home/livetv and select the link 'See available channels'

OR

http://www22.verizon.com/home/fiostv/features#connect and select the link 'your favorite TV channels'.

Keep in mind that you have to be subscribed to the selected TV channel in your FiOS TV package in order to watch that channel live.

If you have issues with streaming on the iPad app, check that:

• the iPad is connected wirelessly to your Verizon residential home network using the FiOS router's settings
  • you are subscribed to a FiOS TV plan that includes the channels you intend to watch (from the 75 available for streaming)
  • there is no pending order on your account that could impact your services (changes to the TV plan)

Also, have you tried deleting and reinstalling the 'FiOS Mobile' app if that resolves the issue?

Please see this link as well for additional details:

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/TV/FiosTV/Other+Hardware/OtherDevices/FiOS_Mobile_Devic...

Re: Stations missing on Verizon FIOS App for iPad
Caroliso
Thanks, Becca, this is very helpful. Will check the list against what I get on my iPad and if not the same (taking into account channels I don't subscribe to) will try reloading the app.
0 Likes
Re: iPad TV Listings Show Blank Screen
plorell

Since just before the launch of the iPad app Live TV functionality, the TV Listings page within the app has been blank.  For a period of time, attempting to access TV Listings would also shut down the app.  I still have a blank TV Listings page.  Live TV functionality is all I can get to work with the iPad app and its been this way for months.  I should say that the TV Listings did actually work at some point.  Any help with this is apprecitated.

0 Likes