Stb and dvr
paulandkathy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had fios tv and internet installed. When I go online it says one of my stb's is not responding. It is the one that has the dvr. I tried unplugging it to reset it but no luck. Any solutions out there

0 Likes
Re: Stb and dvr
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

Hello paulandkathy,

You say that your dvr is  not responding, are you getting any picture, guide, or vod. 

0 Likes
paulandkathy
Enthusiast - Level 1

The stb works tv is fine. online i cannot use remote dvr and it says the stb is not responding

0 Likes
paulandkathy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have a shortcut to home agent that does not work and i cannot download it  it fails the download.

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

Hello paulandkathy,

After you set up remote dvr you can access it using Verizon Wireless Mobile device or Web connected PC.  Here are the steps:

Go to ‘Main Menu’

1. Select ‘Settings’ menu
  2. Select ‘FiOS TV Remote DVR’ from the ‘Settings’ menu
  3. Select ‘Web Access’ and Press OK
  4. Enter Parental Control Lock and Press OK
  5. The Web Access will be enabled and gives a User ID and Password that the user can use to browse the TV Listings, VOD Titles, DVR in the website mentioned in the screen through the Mobile or PC.
  6. Press OK on Web Access again and it will display the options Disable and Close.
  7. Select Disable and Press OK will ask a confirmation to disable the Web Access with Yes or No. Select Yes to disable the access or select No.
  8. From Web Access, Select Close to close the options and come back to the previous screen.
0 Likes
paulandkathy
Enthusiast - Level 1

followed instructions. I was able to get a window to select a video to record but it did not work when i selected a movie. The stb still says fetching disc info......or when i refresh stb it just spins and spins or i get a stb not responding

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

That's interesting I haven't encountered that before.  If you want to send me a private message with your fios telephone number I could run a few tests to try and diagnose this problem.  If you don't have a fios tn you could give me the serial number of the dvr.  If you have a 6416  dvr the sn starts with the letter M, if its a 7216 dvr the sn begins with the letters MA.  If you choose to do this I will be back in contact with you tomorrow afternoon. 

0 Likes
paulandkathy
Enthusiast - Level 1

The dvr is a 7216. I will be home around 5pm EST.

0 Likes