Strange Digital Adapter Problem
nytivofan
Hello-here's my situation: in December, my family ordered 3 DCT-700 digital adapters. At the time, we activated (over the phone)/installed only one of them with no problem. Now it's May and I finally get around to installing the second digital adapter on a different TV in the house. I activated this one online. It does not show the Verizon boot-up screen and it only seems to get local channels (I don't know where it stops getting channels because the guide/on-screen menus don't show). I phoned tech support and they did all sorts of things - cold resets, re-initializations, medium resets, re-activiations, etc. He even remotely reset the router. Nothing seemed to work. I also physically disconnecting the power cord (as described in these forums in a post I found doing a search) and it also didn't work. If I disconnect the DA I installed/activated in December and connected it to the other TV, it works correctly (bootup screen, on-screen channel guide, non-local channels all appear). The tech suggested I hook up the third DA we received (this one had never been used either) and the same problem happened. The tech was baffled and was not able to figure out how to fix the problem. He is sending out two additional DA's but I find it extremely unlikely that two boxes could be defective. I would really appreciate any input you guys have. I'm at wit's end! Why does the first DA box work and not the second and third?
0 Likes
Re: Strange Digital Adapter Problem
Greg26001
Contributor - Level 2
I had the same problem, but mine turned out that I had screwed up connecting the cables into a splitter.  I picked up the DCT700's a few days after the installation, and when I went to activate, they only partially worked.  After straightening out the splitter, they found all the channels.
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
I believe that the problem is that since you ordered them together and got a single activation code you didn't activate them all at once.  I would try escalating the issue since all my DCT-700's (activated at the same time per instructions) receive all the programming they are entitled to.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

I'll see what's going on here

they show that they are activated which box are you getting only 1-13 on 68, 69, or 70 last 2 digits of your SN

Message Edited by Techman28 on 05-26-2009 06:36 PM
0 Likes
nytivofan
Thanks for replying Techman (I'm impressed you guys are reading these posts). The boxes that are only getting the lower channels are boxes 68 and 69. Box 70 is the only box that gets all the channels (and the one that was activated back in Dec.) At the moment, I only have box 70 connected. Would it help you on your end if I connect 68 or 69?
0 Likes
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

I had a similar sitution.  I obtained 3 DA, hooked them all up, but wifey turned one of the off by mistake while I was setting them up online.  Thus, only 2 registered.

I went back to re-register the box a few weeks later, and it worked fine.

I think it just takes some patience and make sure that the boxes are turned on while you are setting them up online (you should be able to use the same registration code for all 3).

hope this helps.

0 Likes
psu83
We have one HD set top box (which displays full menuing) and two digital adapters in bedrooms (which only display the channel number).  During today's storm, the two digital adapters stopped working but the HD box on our living room TV works fine.  What's going on???
0 Likes