Strange issue regarding FIOS HD Box
young57

Hello,

So i have a fios hd set top box model number hd qip7100 1. my whole entertainment set up is a surround sound system with a ps3, xbox 360 and wii all hooked up to the receiver. now my fios and ps3 video connecttion are through hdmi cables. both have their ow seperate hdmi. the audio for fios is rca to the receiver and the ps3 is optical to the reciever. now heres the issue, when disconnect the hdmi cable from the ps3, i get the 8801 message. has this happened to anyone else? i thought id share this to see if this is common.

0 Likes
Re: Strange issue regarding FIOS HD Box
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

Hello young57 ,

With the IMG 1.6.2 (interactive media guide) when you unplug an hdmi connection the stb sees that something has changed.  The 8801 error code that appears is actually the quick code that you could enter if you had called VZ Tech Support.  This quick code would send a reset command to the stb to try to  resolve the issue.  Since you know what has caused this issue, (you had unplugged the hdmi) there is no need to call VZ Tech Support and you can disregard the 8801 error code.

0 Likes