In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
Not that I know of.
My assumption is that they limit this because they can not pevent you from hoking PC up to TV and displaying there.
That would allow you to replace STBs.
It has been stated that rooted devices can stream. And I beleive the reason is that they couldn't prevent hooking device to TV.
02-05-2016 07:58 PM - edited 02-05-2016 08:06 PM
You will need the FIOS Mobile Apps and upgrade your Services to Quantumn FIOS.
The first problem is the FIOS Mobile Apps is only supported for iOS and Android devices and not for Windows.
My way to get around that is to install an Android emulator for PC. I'm using Bluestack. http://www.bluestacks.com/
Install that then run it. From with in the emulator you can then download the FIOS Mobile Apps from Google Play and run it.
The second problem is to get apps to see the DVR. Here i'm stuck. My old DVR I had no issues managing it via verizon.net. But, I just got upgraded to the Quantumn FIOS. And I can not see the new DVR from the internet (ie. through login to verizon.net). I think for me this part is a Verizon issue, or it could be it is a new install and it may resolve it self in a few day ... I'm still trying to get tech support to look into it.
Let me know if the emulator works for you. Even better ... if you are able to Stream from the DVR.
Any word on this working? I have tried several emulators and they all say that I need to first be connected to my Fios router and I am but it doesn’t recognize it. Idk if this is a problem with the emulator or something Fios blocks on purpose
As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.