Stream recorded programs to pc or memory stick
trex3

I have recorded programs that I would like to copy to something (pc, mem stick, DVD, etc) so that I can free up space on my DVR.

How can I do this?

0 Likes
Re: Stream recorded programs to pc or memory stick
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi there, At this time you can only do that using this method outlined here.

In the near future Verizon will have a software update that will enable the ESATA port on the back of the DVR (not the usb or ethernet) and you can add 1 TB external HD to do things like this.   The model QIP 7216 already will be capable of taking advantage of that update, if you have a 6416 model then you will want to sign in at www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral and once you are logged in, go to this link.  Sign up for the new cable boxes so that you can take advantage of the capability when it becomes available.  

we are expecting 1st quarter of this year for that update, it is labeled update 1.9  

0 Likes
Re: Stream recorded programs to pc or memory stick
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@trex wrote:

I have recorded programs that I would like to copy to something (pc, mem stick, DVD, etc) so that I can free up space on my DVR.

How can I do this?

short answer is you cant. Not a direct transfer anyway.

Now what you can do is to connect your DVR to a DVD recorder (or VCR). Then when you play the show on the DVR you can hit record on the DVD-R(or VRC). You can do the same if to your PC if your PC has a video capture card (most do not).

Now supposidly, Verizon is working on adding external storage capiblilty to the DVR's with the next upgrade. The rumors are that this will be available in the next few months.  But for now, transfering to DVD-R or VCR is about the only option. But it requires you to basically watch it as you transfer.

0 Likes