Streaming Service not working.
VictoryRider1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I now have a VMS and 2 IPC set top boxes. I am not able to stream to a device.   Under System Diagnostics in Settings - System Information, it says the Streaming Server is not connected and there are no provisioned devices. In the FIOS TV app, the inbox is grayed out and the manager says my DVR is offline either powered off or a network issue.. I have a registered device which is not showing up on Mobile Devices - Active in the VMS settings. The VMS/DVR is on, and I am not sure what my network issue is. For further consideration, I am using Google WiFi points as my wireless network. When I had my previous equipment, I had no problems accessing the dvr manager, could setup recordings, etc. How do I go about connecting to the streaming service and getting it to work on a device.  TIA. 

0 Likes
Re: Streaming Service not working.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using Verizon router as main router?

if not, have you followed directions in internet forum on how to configure your own rpouter with TV service?

if using Verizon router, most likely device you are trying to connect is on a separate subnet from VMS. To check, go to menu settings system info.

Verify that the first 3 numbers on IP are the same as your device on WiFi.

If not, that is the issue. You will need to change Google WiFi to bew an access point.

VictoryRider1
Enthusiast - Level 1

One small clarification to my intial post.  I can stream live TV, just not recorded content; "DVR offline".  I have FIOS TV, Internet, and phone, so I am using the Verizon (Red ActionTec) router to get FIOS guide, etc.  I am not a tech by any stretch.  I turned off WiFi on the ActionTec, plugged in the Google primary WiFi access point and added other access points via the app to cover my house.  The app did the entire configuration automatically.  The first three numbers of the IP address on the device to which I am trying to stream are the same as what is showing under FIOS Main Menu - Settings - System Information. I see no subnet settings listed there or when I hit the info button for more detailed information.    On my device, I can see the subnet settings which have a different number altogther.  Am I to change the subnet address?  The Google WiFi app has an advanced DNS setting where you can use Google or the provider's IP.  Originally, this was set to automatic but I changed it to use Verizon's DNS which had the same three numbers of the IP.  But this did not make a difference.   I went into the router "My Network" settings online for the ActionTec and did a ping to check connectivity to the Google primary access point plugged into the ActionTec; 100% loss, test failed.  Not sure how that can be since I have the Google primary unit plugged into ActionTec.  Again, not a tech but perhaps that is how it is supposed to be.  With the automatic configuration of the wireless network via the Google app, I just assumed the Google unit is already set up as the access point for wireless since I have three other units connected to it.   TIA for any further information that can help me with correcting this issue.

0 Likes
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this the new Fios TV One or the current VMS 1100?