Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Subscription channels and parental controls

JanetInNJ
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Subscription channels and parental controls

Message 1 of 3
(3,325 Views)

My son tends to get carried away with purchases on TV, so I have a parental control on purchases.  You need to enter a PIN to purchase anything.

He just informed me that a few weeks ago, he subscribed to the NFL Red Zone.  I asked him how he could do that without the PIN.  He said you didn't need it.  You just press OK and order it.  Personally, I would consider this a "purchase" and thought it would be blocked.

He has a job and will pay for it, but I'm a little upset that it was so easy.  What is to prevent him from subscribing to EVERYTHING?  Is there any way to prevent it?  Do I lock all channels that require a subscription?

I guess I will call on Monday and see what they suggest. 

Janet in NJ

2 REPLIES 2
Bob_Robertson
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Subscription channels and parental controls

Message 2 of 3
(3,309 Views)

as far as I know, The purchase PIN is for VOD and PPV only

yes you could indeed lock down the non subscribed channels

If you speak with the billing department, they "should" be able to black the ability to "impulse" order from the remote.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith
JanetInNJ
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Subscription channels and parental controls

Message 3 of 3
(3,273 Views)

Thanks, Bob. 

I already went through and locked all the channels that require subscription.   I think I got them all.   

I had a similar issue with Cablevision a few years ago.  One of the many reasons I switched and won't go back to them.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title