Switch Account

Such thing as a HD digital adapter?

Such thing as a HD digital adapter?

Highlighted
Contributor ggraves
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(8,546 Views)

Does VZ offer a HD digital adapter? I do not need all the features of the set-top box for my bedroom HDTV, I just want to watch TV and would like to be able to see the channels I pay for. If they don't currently offer such a thing, is one in the works?

If they can offer a SD digital adapter, it seems that they could offer this if they wanted.

If not, is there a device other than a TiVo that can act as a digital tuner with a cable card?

TIA4 answers.

BigGeorge

3 REPLIES 3
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(8,531 Views)

There is not one currentlly available

Motorolla makes all that stuff for verizon, and I am sure there probably will be one in the future....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cablecard+tuner

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV
Message 3 of 4
(8,457 Views)
Verizon only currently offers the dct 700 which is standard only. We do not currently offer a HD digital Converter
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(8,442 Views)
Only HD option other than Tivo is if your TV is Digital Cable Ready and can take a cable card. That should give the same results. Yes it really would be nice if there were a third party HD digital adaptor that would take a cable card. I have not found one. I don't think we will. It would cut down on the manufacture of the $10.95 a month boxes. No benefit for anyone to make one, when they can sell the bigger and better product to the cable companies.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.