Re: Suddenly Poor Picture Quality and Missing Channels After Years of Perfect Reception
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

What you are describing sounds like a wiring issue as opposed to a signal issue coming into the home. Have we done any work with the ONT at this time?

Thanks,

~Rich

0 Likes
Re: Suddenly Poor Picture Quality and Missing Channels After Years of Perfect Reception
stampman1
Enthusiast - Level 3

If it were a wiring issue then it would have cleared up when I bought a brand new cable and connected it from the ONT then directly to one of the STB’s.

That made no difference except complaining about internet missing.  Then I used one of the new Verizon splitters to connect the internet router.  It stopped complaining about missing internet but no improvement I the picture.  The last tech who came here replaced every wire.  It made no difference.  It fails with new wire and old wire.  The only changes made to the ONT had to be by the last tech SHO was sent out.  I pay $250 a month for this service.  Would you????

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Have we had another tech out since then?

Thanks,

~Rich

0 Likes
stampman1
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, can’t risk further damage before the  SuperBowl.  We will be calling tomorrow to  arrange to take yet another day from work for the yet another temporary fix.  But that will be the last one.

0 Likes
stampman1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday we had another tech come out.  This time, he looked at the ONT and said it was shot.  After replacing it, all problems cleared up.  It usually fails late in the evening but this time,  still working in the morning.  I am now optimistic.   I hope it keeps working.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Ok, that is good to hear we appreciate the update. Take care.

Thank you,
Adrienne

0 Likes
FlyingDutchman1

Is it still working? I’m having the same issue. Replaced cable from ONT to splitter, replaced splitter and routed signal over a different coax cable in the house, same result. Of course Verizon says the signal to the house is fine. They want to send a technician for $99. I’m 99% sure the problem is with Verizon, and I don’t really care about the $99, but I really drag the time, energy and frustration this will cost, with ultimately no resolution. I really want to just cancel and switch to Sling or DirecTVNow, but I have a 17 month commitment left....

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Likes