Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Suddenly STB takes no input

thevirtualjim
Contributor
Contributor

Suddenly STB takes no input

Message 1 of 5
(730 Views)

I was watching my DVR late tonite and suddenly it shuts down (nothing else did, just the DVR/STB), and a light blinked on it many times and it came back up and since then, it takes no input other than on/off and channel changes.  No access to the DVR, no access to even the guide.  Even the buttons on the STB itself dosent work, other than the on/off button!  I did the online fix problem function and it didnt help and I unplugged it about 4 times now and no difference.  I have now been on hold with FIOS for 30+mins and am still waiting to talk to a real person, and at 3:45am, thats pretty crazy!  . **bleep** is going on?????

4 REPLIES 4
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Suddenly STB takes no input

Message 2 of 5
(719 Views)

Probably a set top code upgrade.  Leave it alone so it can finish.  Everytime you reset the box, you force it to start the download over again.

thevirtualjim
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(681 Views)

I have no idea if it was that....there was nothing to indicate any kind of update was going on.  But, after being on hold with verizon for about an hour without ever getting to a human ( which is crazy at 3-4am!), it seems to have fixed itself.

If this was soem kind of update, it woudl be nice if there was some kind of indicator or some screen that said things were updating!

djb
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 4 of 5
(678 Views)

@thevirtualjim wrote:

If this was soem kind of update, it woudl be nice if there was some kind of indicator or some screen that said things were updating!

For sure!!!

PJL
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 5 of 5
(654 Views)

@djb wrote:

@thevirtualjim wrote:

For sure!!!

For most there was a notice screen during the update.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title