Suddenly STB takes no input
thevirtualjim

I was watching my DVR late tonite and suddenly it shuts down (nothing else did, just the DVR/STB), and a light blinked on it many times and it came back up and since then, it takes no input other than on/off and channel changes.  No access to the DVR, no access to even the guide.  Even the buttons on the STB itself dosent work, other than the on/off button!  I did the online fix problem function and it didnt help and I unplugged it about 4 times now and no difference.  I have now been on hold with FIOS for 30+mins and am still waiting to talk to a real person, and at 3:45am, thats pretty crazy!  . **bleep** is going on?????

0 Likes
Re: Suddenly STB takes no input
Contributor - Level 1

Probably a set top code upgrade.  Leave it alone so it can finish.  Everytime you reset the box, you force it to start the download over again.

0 Likes
thevirtualjim

I have no idea if it was that....there was nothing to indicate any kind of update was going on.  But, after being on hold with verizon for about an hour without ever getting to a human ( which is crazy at 3-4am!), it seems to have fixed itself.

If this was soem kind of update, it woudl be nice if there was some kind of indicator or some screen that said things were updating!

0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

@thevirtualjim wrote:

If this was soem kind of update, it woudl be nice if there was some kind of indicator or some screen that said things were updating!

For sure!!!

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@djb wrote:

@thevirtualjim wrote:

For sure!!!

For most there was a notice screen during the update.

0 Likes