Suggestion: Make it simpler to add time to recordings
RJA
Enthusiast - Level 1

One thing I've found more difficult after switching from Comcast recently is adding time to the end of a recording.  I regularly record NHL Center Ice games (Let's Go Pens!) and Comcast's method of clicking the record button twice to bring up the option to add time to the end of a recording as you set the recording is much simpler than Verizon's method of setting the recording, going into the Menu options, finding the scheduled recording and then adding time to the end. 

Any chance Verizon could adopt a simpler method of adding time to recordings?

Thanks in advance.

PS  If I'm missing a quick way to add time to the end of a recording as you set a recording, please let me know.

0 Likes
Re: Suggestion: Make it simpler to add time to recordings
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Verizon uses the click record twice to instantly create a series (or series with options).  Don't know of an easier way than you described.

0 Likes
Re: Suggestion: Make it simpler to add time to recordings
NotarySojac
Enthusiast - Level 3

That was about the only thing I liked better with Comcast - modding the start & end times. Comcast let you kick the start & end around by one minute increments, but with FiOS it's 5 minutes. Now that the networks think it's fun to bugger up DVRs by starting shows a half-minute before the hour without having it appear that way in the schedule (so your recording misses the beginning) or stretch them to two or three minutes after the hour (so your DVR flags a conflict), I rellly miss the one-minute plus & minus steps.

0 Likes