Support page completely wrong!
Grumble3141

Spent an hour today chatting with tech support about flexview/multi-view the support page https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/guide/flex+view/128872.htm states that you do not need an internet connection to watch movies you have purchased on a pc or laptop but chatting today with three different tech support people was told all I could do was stream videos and that doesn't even work.

Is there a way to download a movie you purchased to view without an internet connection that the tech support people couldn't figure out?

0 Likes
Re: Support page completely wrong!
Hubrisnxs
Legend

You have to have had an internet connection to download them to the laptop or PC or mobile device.

After it's downloaded, and it's sitting on your pc, then you can go to a location that doesn't have wireless and then you could watch them because they are sitting on your laptop/mobile.  BUT you have to have downloaded them first.

you go to www.verizon.com/fiostvonline  and log in

then select on demand and then purchase history to get and download them

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/guide/flex+view/128568.htm

More about On Demand & your PC More about On Demand & your PC: Do I need Internet access to watch On Demand videos on my computer?
An Internet connection is not required to watch a video on an authorized computer. An Internet connection is required only for downloading a rented or purchased video to your PC.

Do I need to be a Verizon broadband customer to use On Demand on my computer?
Subscription to FiOS service is required to become a On Demand customer. However, your Verizon broadband service is not required to maintain access to your purchased titles.

Are videos I download stored on my computer's hard drive?
FiOS On Demand videos you download can be stored on your hard drive or any other removable media. However, playback can only be done from an authorized computer or mobile device.

0 Likes
Re: Support page completely wrong!
Grumble3141

You can't download them from that link just watch them streamed at least on a PC and you can't even get that far without authorizing the PC which you can't do without an app that doesn't exist.  The My Devices section requires an activation code but you can't get one without an app or at least that's what is says in the How do I get an activation code link.

0 Likes