Switch Account

Swapped 6416 for 7232

Highlighted
Contributor obeythelaw2013
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(469 Views)

I just recently got the Fios triple play.  The installed brings the old 6416.  He claims he has no other boxes on his truck and has to give me that.  I say fine and the next day I go to the verizon retail store and pick up a brand new 7232.  Activates fine.  Now, when I log into my verizon account online, it is still showing the old box even though I got the email that the 6416 was removed.  Also, when I try rename my new 7232, it is saying that the name "Living Room" is being used by another DVR.  How can I remove all traces of the old box?

Also, since I am on the triple play, the $19.99 fee for the DVR was to be waived for 12 months and I was paying $6.99 for a standard HD box in additon to the DVR.  Well, now that I just swapped the box, I got an email showing "recent charges" with a $16.99 fee for the new box.  Why would this be $16.99 per month extra for the box when I am supposed to get it free for 12 months.  I didn't add another box but only swapped an existing box.  

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Message 2 of 2
(458 Views)

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.