Swapped 6416 for 7232
obeythelaw2013
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just recently got the Fios triple play.  The installed brings the old 6416.  He claims he has no other boxes on his truck and has to give me that.  I say fine and the next day I go to the verizon retail store and pick up a brand new 7232.  Activates fine.  Now, when I log into my verizon account online, it is still showing the old box even though I got the email that the 6416 was removed.  Also, when I try rename my new 7232, it is saying that the name "Living Room" is being used by another DVR.  How can I remove all traces of the old box?

Also, since I am on the triple play, the $19.99 fee for the DVR was to be waived for 12 months and I was paying $6.99 for a standard HD box in additon to the DVR.  Well, now that I just swapped the box, I got an email showing "recent charges" with a $16.99 fee for the new box.  Why would this be $16.99 per month extra for the box when I am supposed to get it free for 12 months.  I didn't add another box but only swapped an existing box.  

0 Likes
Re: Swapped 6416 for 7232
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes