Switch Multi-room HD DVR 7232 to single room - require different box or just switch in service?
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

I'm planning to disconnect my second TV from FiOS. Would this mean needing to swap my QIP 7232 2 DVR box for a different model? If so, would I lose features or recording capacity? (I tried searching, but was unable to find this info)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switch Multi-room DVR to single room: require different box? - Short Answer: NO
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@djb wrote:
I'm planning to disconnect my second TV from FiOS. Would this mean needing to swap my QIP 7232 2 DVR box for a different model? If so, would I lose features or recording capacity? ...

You don't indicate which STB/DVD is connected to which TV..  Assuming that the TV you will keep is associated with the MR/DVR, just remove the other TV from the network, return the other STB/DVR, and then notify Verizon that you no longer require MR/DVR service and ask to switch it to simple DVR service.

There is no need to replace the existing MR/DVR with another device, since the multi-room settings are only controlled and changed over the network by your Customer Service.

View solution in original post

Re: Switch Multi-room DVR to single room: require different box? - Short Answer: NO
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@djb wrote:
I'm planning to disconnect my second TV from FiOS. Would this mean needing to swap my QIP 7232 2 DVR box for a different model? If so, would I lose features or recording capacity? ...

You don't indicate which STB/DVD is connected to which TV..  Assuming that the TV you will keep is associated with the MR/DVR, just remove the other TV from the network, return the other STB/DVR, and then notify Verizon that you no longer require MR/DVR service and ask to switch it to simple DVR service.

There is no need to replace the existing MR/DVR with another device, since the multi-room settings are only controlled and changed over the network by your Customer Service.

djb5
Contributor - Level 3

Great! That's what I was hoping would be the case. Thank you armond_in_nj

0 Likes