Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Switch Multi-room HD DVR 7232 to single room - require different box or just switch in service?

SOLVED
djb
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Switch Multi-room HD DVR 7232 to single room - require different box or just switch in service?

Message 1 of 3
(1,302 Views)

I'm planning to disconnect my second TV from FiOS. Would this mean needing to swap my QIP 7232 2 DVR box for a different model? If so, would I lose features or recording capacity? (I tried searching, but was unable to find this info)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Switch Multi-room DVR to single room: require different box? - Short Answer: NO

Message 2 of 3
(1,293 Views)

@djb wrote:
I'm planning to disconnect my second TV from FiOS. Would this mean needing to swap my QIP 7232 2 DVR box for a different model? If so, would I lose features or recording capacity? ...

You don't indicate which STB/DVD is connected to which TV..  Assuming that the TV you will keep is associated with the MR/DVR, just remove the other TV from the network, return the other STB/DVR, and then notify Verizon that you no longer require MR/DVR service and ask to switch it to simple DVR service.

There is no need to replace the existing MR/DVR with another device, since the multi-room settings are only controlled and changed over the network by your Customer Service.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Switch Multi-room DVR to single room: require different box? - Short Answer: NO

Message 2 of 3
(1,294 Views)

@djb wrote:
I'm planning to disconnect my second TV from FiOS. Would this mean needing to swap my QIP 7232 2 DVR box for a different model? If so, would I lose features or recording capacity? ...

You don't indicate which STB/DVD is connected to which TV..  Assuming that the TV you will keep is associated with the MR/DVR, just remove the other TV from the network, return the other STB/DVR, and then notify Verizon that you no longer require MR/DVR service and ask to switch it to simple DVR service.

There is no need to replace the existing MR/DVR with another device, since the multi-room settings are only controlled and changed over the network by your Customer Service.

View solution in original post

djb
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 3 of 3
(1,271 Views)

Great! That's what I was hoping would be the case. Thank you armond_in_nj

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title