Switch Account

Switching back to DirectTV first chance I get.

Switching back to DirectTV first chance I get.

Contributor Iandrewtv
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(696 Views)
DVR cuts 3-5 mins off the tail of recordings. LIVE shows are cut short if games run long. When told to record "first run", DVR records everything filling up with 80 episodes of Top Gear, many of them repeats. Remotes are unresponsive, slow, GUI is a soggy mess, recordings are listed by date, not show title like DirectTV.... Overall much less pleasant viewing experience. Oh yeah, and On Demand can't fast forward... So I have to re-watch the first half hour of the new Blacklist as the first half of my recording was the Super Bowl.

Fed up.
3 REPLIES 3
MVP CRobGauth MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4
(693 Views)

Can't say that I have heard anyone else claim that DVR is cutting off the end of a non-live show that runs long.

Pretty sure no DVR can extend the recording of a live show that runs long (ie a football game).

On Demand FF is controlled by the content provider. I belive people have stated they see similar on other providers.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 3 of 4
(627 Views)

And in fact, for a live broadcast the DVR will prompt you by giving you the opporunity to extend the scheduled recording time beyond what the schedule says in case the live event runs long.

Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I
Message 4 of 4
(604 Views)

@Iandrewtv wrote:
 Oh yeah, and On Demand can't fast forward... .

You will find out rather quickly that the content providers control this and it is the SAME for all cable/satellite companies, including DirectTV.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.