THE SAME OLD HORRIBLE SERVICE
Furious

So, I added another DVR to my account (why? must be cause I'm a masochist!).

The first one had a mechanical malfunction (very noisy fan).

I exchanged it and the second one seems to work fine but after a few minutes my FIOS TV distorts the image. It looks like millions of broken pixels and no sound, what can I expect?

Now, I've been waiting for a FIOS Tech to show up who was supposed to be here between 8am and 12pm and nothing...

I call the repair line and was told that the tech has pushed things back to 3pm today. Well, let's see... Do I have to say it again? This is the worst experience of my life. I think people in third world countries get better TV service that what I'm receiving (see my other posts).

Boy! I can't wait until May of next year! Thanks for the venting space 😉

At least the only good thing Verizon has to offer!

Furious out!

0 Likes
Re: THE SAME OLD HORRIBLE SERVICE
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

Hello.. Sorry the tech was delayed on you..Is your issue resolved now? 

0 Likes
Re: THE SAME OLD HORRIBLE SERVICE STAY with Brighthouse
funkart

I went from a happy satisfied customer to a really really disgruntled one in the last two hours. (those 2 hours were spent on the phone with Brighthouse)

I'm calling everyone back that I've been trying to get to switch, and telling them :STAY WITH BRIGHT HOUSE!! Then I am going to get on the brighthouse boards and say that.

I made ONE telephone call wanting to switch to Home media DVR...next thing I know I have three new pieces of equipment and apparently I don't need them and Verizon won't come and help me figure this out.

while I was writing this, I just had a neighbor come over and look at all these boxes and he said "they won't hook that up for you? Ok that settles it"

0 Likes
funkart

I mean the two hours on the phone were with VERIZON< not Brighthouse!

0 Likes
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

There is nothing to hook up.  We put it in the system and then as long as you have 1 DVR and any other boxes except anohter DVR or DCT 700 you can watch the recorded programs on them.  Can I assist you?

0 Likes
funkart

well why did the girl I talked to at Verizon last week, TELL me I needed three new boxes and then send them to me. I have no idea what I need. It seems the various people I talked to about this today are all confused. When I signed up for Verizon and left Brighthouse , I was promised the moon- I had my own "account rep" with a private cell number, service when I needed it, etc. etc. Now I can't get anyone here to help me figure this out without paying exhorbitant fees. I don't want telephone help. I spent two hours on the phone today- that's it. I really was still a fan until this happened.

0 Likes
Furious

Joe,

I appreciate your concern, however, this is beyond any good intentions of sympathy of any kind.

Are you aware that if you are a Verizon FIOS customer and you don't have a Verizon phone service, your life becomes a hell when trying to contact customer service.

Every time I call the Verizon automated system sends me to a "land line" department who after verifying my credentials ends up transferring me to another department who then turns out and transfers me to another department and so on so forth.

Truly a ridiculous experience!

To answer your question, yes the technician showed up and fix the problem, but I still spent three days with no FIOS tv which I'm regretfully paying for!

If you look at my past interactions with Verizon there always has been some kind of remedial action such as credits, free HBO/Cinemax for 90 days, gift cards, etc. None of these things mend the lack of trust this company has engendered within me.

Thanks anyway!

Furious out!

0 Likes
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

I will lend a hand if you need it..Just let me know what model boxes you have right now.

0 Likes
LoloBond

Quote:

I appreciate your concern, however, this is beyond any good intentions of sympathy of any kind.

Are you aware that if you are a Verizon FIOS customer and you don't have a Verizon phone service, your life becomes a hell when trying to contact customer service.

Every time I call the Verizon automated system sends me to a "land line" department who after verifying my credentials ends up transferring me to another department who then turns out and transfers me to another department and so on so forth.

Truly a ridiculous experience!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I feel your pain, I'm going through the same problem, I have no idea why Verizon has to make everything soooo complicated. So many useless department when 1 person with the correct access can do ALL in 1 call except for tech support. 

Like I mention in my other post if Verizon doesn't fix the TV guide by the end of the month I'm OUT!

One more thing I wonder who Verizon is paying to get the customer satisfaction rating they are getting.... Lawl!

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If you're having trouble with the automated voice system when you call the main 888 553 1555 number, here's a little trick:

When the machine asks you for your number, put in all one number. (Ex 111 111 1111 or 222 222 2222) She should say something along the lines of "I'm sorry, I didn't get that" and ask you to enter your number again. Enter the same thing as before. Then she should say the magic words "Let me get you to someone who can help you with that." Straight to a FiOS Tech Support agent. 🙂

Saves time if you don't have the fiber phone service.

0 Likes