Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

TIVO - Cable card, can't get fios TV to work

SOLVED
mrbcobb
Contributor
Contributor

TIVO - Cable card, can't get fios TV to work

Message 1 of 4
(1,742 Views)

Hi-

I had Fios installed on Monday. The tech left before making sure TV worked.

I have a cable card running throught a Tivo HD.

Called tech support and they could not get it to work.

Tech came out this morning and put in a new CableCard. He left before resolving the issue because he was only "working a half day" or similar.

Called tech support tonight and we could not get the card to work. They want to send out another tech tomorrow morning.

So i'm 2 days into FIOS with no TV service. previous provider was Comcast via cable card through Tivo with no issues.

Am i the only one with this kind of issue? Are there any recommended steps for resolution that I'm missing?

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mrbcobb
Contributor
Contributor

Re: TIVO - Cable card, can't get fios TV to work

Message 2 of 4
(1,712 Views)

Issue fixed by 3rd tech in 3 days. Installng tech left a comcast coax running into my house, and subsequently my tv.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mrbcobb
Contributor
Contributor

Message 2 of 4
(1,713 Views)

Issue fixed by 3rd tech in 3 days. Installng tech left a comcast coax running into my house, and subsequently my tv.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Javiwan99
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(1,524 Views)

My problem with the Tivo-Cable card combo is that it works for a while, then most of my channels go to a grey screen.  The Tivo info for each channel remains, but the picture is gone.  This happens once to three times a day.  Only way to get the channels back is to sit through the 10 minute Tivo reset. 

Called Tivo about 2 weeks ago and after some troubleshooting their diagnosis was that the signal strength was too high (38 db).  Standard is between 20-35 db?  They suggested using a splitter to bring the signal strength down.  Installed a splitter, but the signal strength remained the same AND this made the problem worse. 

Next will contat Verizon.  Very close to giving up on the cable card and going with a box.  Didn't do a box initially because the tech said he could not connect it to the Tivo.

Anyone have any success with this?

Tivo HD

FIOS HD standard service

JP

onlymyrrh
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(1,484 Views)

I'm installing my new Tivo Premier with cable card tomorrow.  If I am successful and the TV works, I'll report back!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title