TIVO - Cable card, can't get fios TV to work
mrbcobb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi-

I had Fios installed on Monday. The tech left before making sure TV worked.

I have a cable card running throught a Tivo HD.

Called tech support and they could not get it to work.

Tech came out this morning and put in a new CableCard. He left before resolving the issue because he was only "working a half day" or similar.

Called tech support tonight and we could not get the card to work. They want to send out another tech tomorrow morning.

So i'm 2 days into FIOS with no TV service. previous provider was Comcast via cable card through Tivo with no issues.

Am i the only one with this kind of issue? Are there any recommended steps for resolution that I'm missing?

thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TIVO - Cable card, can't get fios TV to work
mrbcobb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Issue fixed by 3rd tech in 3 days. Installng tech left a comcast coax running into my house, and subsequently my tv.

Cheers

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mrbcobb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Issue fixed by 3rd tech in 3 days. Installng tech left a comcast coax running into my house, and subsequently my tv.

Cheers

0 Likes
Javiwan99

My problem with the Tivo-Cable card combo is that it works for a while, then most of my channels go to a grey screen.  The Tivo info for each channel remains, but the picture is gone.  This happens once to three times a day.  Only way to get the channels back is to sit through the 10 minute Tivo reset. 

Called Tivo about 2 weeks ago and after some troubleshooting their diagnosis was that the signal strength was too high (38 db).  Standard is between 20-35 db?  They suggested using a splitter to bring the signal strength down.  Installed a splitter, but the signal strength remained the same AND this made the problem worse. 

Next will contat Verizon.  Very close to giving up on the cable card and going with a box.  Didn't do a box initially because the tech said he could not connect it to the Tivo.

Anyone have any success with this?

Tivo HD

FIOS HD standard service

JP

0 Likes
onlymyrrh

I'm installing my new Tivo Premier with cable card tomorrow.  If I am successful and the TV works, I'll report back!

0 Likes