TOTALLY {word filter avoidance} OFF
JRD4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Some changes were recently rolled out in my area.  The full screen program guideis now just small enough that I can't read it from the couch, and the first tech out of four was a complete idiot and lost my favorites after he PROMISED he wouldn't, AND you removed the method of setting favorites from the guide.  I'm REALLY unhappy.  Also, the techs have NO {word filter avoidance} IDEA of what's just been rolled out, and are guessing right and left.  They want to do things like send me a new box, wipe it out to original, etc. just because they don't know what has been done to it by you and you haven't bothered to tell them.  Verizon FLUNKS on tech service, customer care, and common sense!!!  And I STILL CAN'T READ THE GUIDE WITHOUT GETTING UP!!!

Re: TOTALLY {word filter avoidance} OFF
logan81
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah many of the agents on the phone don't have Verizon at their home where they live, so when new software comes out even though they may have documents explaining the changes they aren't able to experience it like you are. Besides the kind of things you are explaining just sound like software changes that the agents wont be able to change. 

With reguards to your problem I don't believe there is anyway to change the font size on the menu guide.

0 Likes
Re: TOTALLY {word filter avoidance} OFF
Justin46
Legend

@JRD wrote:

Some changes were recently rolled out in my area.  The full screen program guideis now just small enough that I can't read it from the couch, and the first tech out of four was a complete idiot and lost my favorites after he PROMISED he wouldn't, AND you removed the method of setting favorites from the guide.  I'm REALLY unhappy.  Also, the techs have NO {word filter avoidance} IDEA of what's just been rolled out, and are guessing right and left.  They want to do things like send me a new box, wipe it out to original, etc. just because they don't know what has been done to it by you and you haven't bothered to tell them.  Verizon FLUNKS on tech service, customer care, and common sense!!!  And I STILL CAN'T READ THE GUIDE WITHOUT GETTING UP!!!

1) If you can't read the new Guide in the new 1.9.5 level of the IMG without getting up you need to have an eye exam and get new glasses (seriously). I am very nearsighted, I can read this level of the Guide withut my glasses just about as well as I could with the previous Guide level, meaning I can read it reasonably well without glasses, and just fine with my glasses on. I am not really sure the text is actually any smaller, but if it is it is a very slight reduction IMO.

I am not aware of any way to change the font size in the HD version of the Guide.

One thing you can do if you are really desperate is to change the graphics from HD to SD. This will not affect your actual channel viewing, but will change the Guide (and Menu, etc.) to fit a 4:3 screen. The text will be larger, but you will lose the number of channels displayed in the Guide (from 7 down to 5) and the amount of time displayed (from 2 1/2 hours to 1 1/2 hours).

2) Yes, it appears there is now no way to add or delete channels to or from your Favorites list directly in the Guide. I guess you need to select the channel itself, then you can use the Options button to make the change.

3) Not to defend the techs you have been talking to, but keep in mind that Verizon generally rolls out new stuff by VHO, one or two VHOs, maybe three, at a time. So unless you specifically tell them what level you have they may very well not know. Plus I agree very much, Verizon does a lousy job of keeping their phone reps up to date on new stuff, what has been distributed where, new function, etc.

I have found that it is pretty much worthless to call for anyhting other than total failure of some device or service. And I would never, under any circumstantces I can thnk of, allow a remote tech to access my STBs, router, computer, etc. Now if a tech is on-site I would certainly allow it, it probably would be necessary for him to do his job, but I would watch carefully. Just my paranoia showing I guess..... Smiley Happy

Good luck!

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes