TV Guide. Actor names keep disappearing.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

TV Guide. Actor names keep disappearing.

Message 1 of 14
(1,759 Views)

When I bring up the TV guide, and flip through the channels, sometimes it will list the names of the actors in a movie right below the name of the film, and this is most helpful. If I see a listing for a film I don't know, but it has an actor I like, I might look into it. 

But the names keep disappearing. I can turn on the TV five different times during the day, sometimes the names will show up. Sometimes they will not.

See below "The King's Speech (2011)"? There's a big blank line below it that should say"Collin Firth, Geoffrey Rush, Helena Bonham Carter"....

I've done a STB reset, which is supposed to fix problems like this. It does not. If I want the actor information, I have to hit the info button a few times. And that's a pain in the rear if I want to look at a lot of movies.

Can somebody please offer me an explaination as to why this happens? I know I'm not the only one having this problem. 

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: TV Guide. Actor names keep disappearing.

Message 2 of 14
(1,710 Views)

More than two days later, and not even a response?????? Is anybody from Verizon even reading these messages? Some type of an answer, or a "we're looking into it" would be nice, considering how much we pay for your "service". 

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 14
(1,699 Views)

@candcgregory wrote:

More than two days later, and not even a response?????? Is anybody from Verizon even reading these messages? Some type of an answer, or a "we're looking into it" would be nice, considering how much we pay for your "service". 

Nope.  This is a peer to peer board.  Its hit or miss if any of the Verizon team will respond.  Especialy unlikely if they know something is in the works but haven't received permission to discusss it.  This item is probably one of them as they know people have been compaining about it, and it finally looks like some attempt is being made to address it.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 4 of 14
(1,644 Views)

Well, the actor names were back last night. I turn on the TV now, and they're gone again.

It's just laughable how they can't do the simplest things like this. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 14
(1,608 Views)

I called tech support ...what a joke.  I then called the retention group and they didn't care ... "drop the service if you don't like it" attitude.  I think they are prepairing us for a new paid info service which might be more comprehensive ... maybe even an indication for sub-titles.   

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 14
(1,575 Views)

.The Verizon Tech just left my home after seeing this problem. {edited for privacy} And, Verizon has closed out the repair ticket as complete. FWIW, If I press the INFO button twice, the info does appear. Also, I asked If the setop box settings are in fact restored to FACTORY DEFAULT when Verizon performs a Factoy Default reset, the answer according to the tech rep is no, settings remain as the user has them set. Dont ask me WHY the procedure is termed a FACTORY DEFAULT RESET.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 14
(1,563 Views)

Received a message from the forum mod re: my post, which contained a line about the repair techs years working for Verizon. OK, Ill rephrase. The repair tech said he has never seen this problem before and could offer no solution. Then he left my home and closed out the problem. The problem still exists, the tech knew this and STILL closed out the repair ticket.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 8 of 14
(1,518 Views)

I know the actor names show if you hit info twice. Know how long it takes to do that for every single listing? Info ino, back back, move to the next listing, info info, back back. It's ridiculous that they can't fix this. The info for the programs are there, so why can't they extrapolate that info, and put it on the guide all the time? I bet they'd be **bleep** off if they asked for my money, and I told them "gee, there seems to be some kind of problem with my bank. I've never seen it before." 

And once you've recorded a show, there isn't ANY show info whatsoever. You have "play, upcoming shows, delete and save until I delete. No info"

Fix it, Verizon.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 9 of 14
(1,515 Views)

@Bigslick1 wrote:

I called tech support ...what a joke.  I then called the retention group and they didn't care ... "drop the service if you don't like it" attitude.  I think they are prepairing us for a new paid info service which might be more comprehensive ... maybe even an indication for sub-titles.   

Don't they get enough money from us every month as it is? 

They're going to charge us for the info other providers and Direct TV get for free? Lawl. That will go over real well. 

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 10 of 14
(1,514 Views)

Their phone support/internet support techs are useless.

When the NFL draft was held, about two hours into the show (round one, Thursday night), NFL Network started getting all sorts of artifacting on the screen. My buddy was watching it on Direct TV, and the picture was perfect. So it wasn't NFL Network. I jumped onto an online chat. Went through all the same troubleshooting steps (resetting my DVR, unplugging it, making sure the connections were tight, the pin in the cable wasn't bent, etc etc). After an hour of going through different steps, and talking to their network guys, they decided that it was on my end. I was recording the first round, and was able to go back to the second when the problem started. But this guy was convinced that at that very moment something happened with my line, and wanted to have a repair guy come out. I got the line "if it's not our equipment, you'll be charged for the visit". I KNEW it wasn't on my end, but the chat person kept reassuring me "it's not any issue on our end. I'm 100% certain". So, I made an appointment, turned the channel off, and watched a movie. Two hours later, I looked at NFL Network again, and miracle of miracles, the picture was perfect! 

I bet if I call in and tell them about the info problem, they'll ask me to check my connections again.

What a joke. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.