TV Guide/DVR
LHC

Is there anything I can do about the TV guide not knowing whether shows are new or repeats?  I'd like to record only new versions of a show, but right now I'm getting three or four repeats every day of one show filling up my DVR. 

Leigh

0 Likes
Re: TV Guide/DVR
NICO
Thank you I agree ... they don't have the original date of the first show .. like direct tv does ... also .. when I hit the info button sometimes it doesn't show the year of the movie while watching it...
0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1
If you setup a series recording you should be able to modify it in the dvr settings to record first run only.
0 Likes
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think we'd be happy if the guide just matched the shows that are on.  We're avid (maybe rabid) sport's fans and when we search for a certain event, sometimes we find it and go to watch it and it's something completely different.  Or it says NO PROGRAM INFORMATION. Then we check online at TV Guide or TV.Yahoo.com and just go to the channel they say and we find it.  We have on many times DVR'ed a game only to come home and find we recorded something completely different.

Also, would be nice if the system was smart enough to know when I program extends... we have recorded like a hockey game only to come home and find out that we recorded everything except the last 30 seconds of overtime when the game was won  :O/

0 Likes
LHC
I have set the series to record only new shows, but the guide is incorrectly listing all the shows as new, even the seven or eight repeats that are shown each week.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@LHC wrote:
I have set the series to record only new shows, but the guide is incorrectly listing all the shows as new, even the seven or eight repeats that are shown each week.
Yes many are all very upset about the guide quality. I guess the rest of the quality must offset the guide. I have just resolved myself to not schedule any recodings. Which stinks for a DVR. Not enough space to store recordings anyway. I guess pause FF and Rewind are the only features that I can trust. With any luck things will change. After the many complaints I can not believe Verizon will not do anything but ask for us to document each guide problem so they can submit the list to their FYI provider.
Message Edited by prisaz on 03-28-2009 02:02 PM
0 Likes
Avalon

Is anybody else bothered by the format of the on screen guide?  I would like to scroll from top to bottom rather than have it pop up in the middle.  It works but just seems awkward.  Kinda like Windows Vista - is there an option to return to "classic mode"?

However, I want Verizon to fix the content of the guide problems first.  New vs Repeat;  Date of show; Actual running time etc.

0 Likes
vinnyv07
Contributor - Level 1

The format of the guide doesn't bother me as much as the wrong info that is posted on the guide. I don't trust the info on the guide one bit. I set every show to record only if it is first run and I end up getting repeats of the show at 2:30 in the morning. Even worse...there are shows that are listed as repeats that are new. I check the schedule on-line every week to see if the dvr has missed something because of the guide. I vote that the guide is the next thing Verizon should fix.

0 Likes