TV Guide and FIOS On Demand Offline
ruledbycats1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since before 5am this morning my FIOS TV Guide and On Demand features have been unavailable.  Checking on line, there are no outages, and all is well according to Verizon.  However, when I got into a chat room with Verizon through the My Fios app, I was told there was an outage and the ETR was 24 hours.  So why isn't that information availalbe on the website?  And why can't I initiate a chat with support on the website anymore?  You have to use the app.  
On top of that, WHY is the TV guide and On Demand services down?  This results in any scheduled DVR recordings to be missed since the DVR scheduler needs to guide information.  This is simply maddening, particularly given the money we all pay for service.  Come on Verizon, at least let people know when a service is down and give us a reasonable ETR.

Re: TV Guide and FIOS On Demand Offline
ruledbycats1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, apparently this outage is not going to be fixed until late Monday 21 AUG?

After getting back on chat, I finally got the following ticket information:

{edited for privacy}

Verizon has confirmed reports about an issue with the Verizon network and is investigating the same. We would request you to wait for us to sort this out. The inconvenience is regretted. Please be assured that the issue will be resolved by 8/21/2017 5:00 PM

So WHY isn't this information available on the system outage page for my account?  It's like you are trying to hide the outage.  Very dissapointed.  Anyone else seeing this sort of problem hiding?  It's certainly much harder to get to chat with a tech now that chat is limited to the MyFios app only.

ruledbycats1
Enthusiast - Level 2

...but wait, there's more.  After the 21 AUG 9pm repair estimate passed, the problem continues.  I have contacted Verizon twice by chat, and get a confusing answer that this will be resolved in 24 hours...or maybe 24-48 hours.   Frankly, the help desk people have no idea what's going on so the can just gets kicked down the road.  The real quesiton is why is the ticket still showing an ETR of 21 AUG 9pm?  We're well past that.  Verizon, if anyone is listening, can't you even bother to put a proper update out on an outage?  Your system is a mess, and my paitence is running out.  4 days down now...no real answers...I'm not sure if this is limited to my house or area or what.  
You need to give your customers something...even if you don't know when the repair will happen.  Your current sloppy notification approach is disrespectful to the people who pay the bills.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ruledbycats,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes