TV Guide fails - router problem?
gmilburn1
Enthusiast - Level 2

When the guide failed on our main TV is the family room, I tried trouble-shooting it -- no luck.  Then I "chatted" online with Verizon's "Raul" for two hours, trying everything he asked, including swapping the box with the one in the bedroom -- Raul thought it was the biox and gave me an 800 number to call to get a swap in boxes.  However, before the weekend is over, all but one TV has the same problem.  Right now, we get the guide on one TV and no guide on four TVs.

I've worked on this all day so far today.  Verizon's In-Home Agent reports that none of the TVs have connectivity with the router.  So I've concentrated on that, I've unplugged the router and the boxes, reset the router, accessed the router's control panel to see it seems to be working well.  The only thing I can see wrong is this:  The router's "WAN Ethernet" light stays dark, though its "WAN Coax" light stays lit.  I wonder if this could be the problem; and, if so, how could I fix that?

One thing worries me about a router problem, though: Why would I still have the guide on one of the six TVs?

Anyone have a clue if I'm on the right track?

Thanks,

George

0 Likes
Re: TV Guide fails - router problem?
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Yes, sounds like a router problem.

The STB has to download the program guide via the router. Each box should download 10 days worth of programing. So when the router goes out it could take as much as 10 days before the guide disappears. So the one box that still has the guide, was the last one to update and had more guide data stored than the others. It will go as well just given time.

If you have rebooted and reset the router, then the problem is either you have a bad router or possibly a bad splitter. Either way, you need to call tech support so they can get a tech out.

0 Likes
gmilburn1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks a bunch.  I'll get someone out this week.

Best regards,

George

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't have anything plugged into the WAN Ethernet port on the router do you?   Since you are likely provisioned with WAN Coax connectivity for your Internet side, there should be nothing connected to this port.   Additionally, the light will not light when provisioned this way -- it's normal as you are not using ethernet to talk on the WAN side.

Do you boxes report an IP address?  Go into the menu and find system information and see if you have an IP address assigned to each box.

0 Likes
gmilburn1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The IP address is null - i.e. shows as "0.0.0.0"  which I assume means there is none.

Thanks,

George

0 Likes